8 posts in this topic

Here is some text I received 3 years ago from an unnamed board and unnamed person. I'm sure several of you know who something like this would come from. I obviously bought the kayak and have totally enjoyed it. The bait suggestion is soooo totally wrong I can't see through it! This person is looked at by many as a very (cough-cough) "educated" fisher. This person is very against yaks and beach Sharkin'. And nobody countered him either...

Just to let ya know that there are ppl out there that think their way is the only way. Do what you want, when and where you want. Just be a responsible person and always do the right thing simply because it is the right thing to do.

Here it is...

"forget the kayak - that's not what surf fishing is all about - skate is not even much good for crab baits. Just release 'em. "

Even though I have not been down fishing much this year the few times I've been out it's been thrilling.Thanks for sharing your knowledge, It's appreciated to say the least.:icon_pidu:

Dave, I'll not forget your first yak launch in the ocean. It was a fun day!

Even though you wanted Phil and I to go first, LOL!!!!

Steve, I guess some people have a hard time with change, maybe it is just jealousy that would cause a person to say something like that, but either way if it wernt for people thinking outside the box , we would still think the earth was flat and the earth was the center of the galaxy. I for one have not had the finances to allow me to yak but I am more than anxious to get one and get out there, it is only a matter of time till I join you guys out on a yak.

Not on one side or the other of this debate. I have seen numerous postings on forums where the yakkers get criticized. I do see one valid point the anti-yak group makes though.........

if in a surf fishing tournament, would it be fair to use a yak? If so..why? If not..again, why? Just curious as to how people feel about this point.

BTW, a new member of the AMSA as of last month! :)

It would be an unfair advantage in a tournament...that I understand and should not be allowed.

There are certain things that you can make an arguement (debate)...how a person fishes and what he likes is completely a non argumentive subject. It's like why I dislike stringbeans and you likem...what the heck is wrong with ya!

Personally, I will never put down or say anything negative about how a person fishes, whether with a bamboo pole or a beef stick or flyrod, its all good.

Its funny I just came across this, haven't keeping up with posts lately, but I just had this conversation with someone a couple days ago. I am not sure why anyone would make an argument why one style fishing is better then someone elses...there seems to be a certain eliticism that goes with some, so they think...and that I just don't understand and never will grasp.

If you like it, great...thats all that really matters.

Pretty much my take on it. It if works for you, who cares. I think it is a great way to fish although I will probably never do it. I've seen too many attempts at getting in and out of one of those things in the surf and it ain't for me. I'd like to try it, but I don't see it happening LoL Anyone want to yak some baits out for me?

Have used everything from saftey pins to lures, twine to braid, hotdogs to eels, boats to shore and wading...it's all good :)

I do find it to be bothersome that some like to impose upon others that what they are doing or the way they are doing it is wrong or not "the" (read their way) way to do it.

I guess it is like some want to debate whether a fish caught from a boat doesn't count. Give me a break :) Worthless debate to me.

Different strokes.

BTW, I luv stringbeans :)

If ya don't drag it in through the pounding surf while you are eating string beans, it ain't fishin'!

LOL!!!!