9 posts in this topic

My girlfriend and I decided to head out saturday and take a shot at some early season floundering. First drift she picked up an 18 incher. Next drift I got a 21. We edned up with our limit in about 2 hours! Only one fish was under 17 inches and I had 2 21 inchers. All fish were caught on tandem rigged buktails with a strip of squid, jigged real slow in about 4-6 feet of water on the outgoing tide. Great way to start off the season

URL=http://imageshack.us]sta701791en-1.jpg[/url]

sta701820go-1.jpg

sta701875euth-1.jpg bucktail next to one of the shrimp they were coughing up

Ther are some nice flounder!,,,good catching :up: .

Very nice, any hints about your secret flounder hole????? Or at least a general vicinity??? I don't want to give it up exactly, I don't do that either..but it'd be nice to drag my little boat along this weekend and hook into some nice flounder if we catch our limit on Stripers early. Only a 30 min ride to OC from the house we're at

Nice report. I can smell em cookin.... :chef:

Great catches! I heard the bite was on low tide when the water was warmer. Good job and thanks for the pictures!

fish-aholic, find yourself a nice narrow channel between 2 sanbars (like the ones in front of goose island straight our from bahia) that has water between 4-6ft deep, anywhere between the route 50 bridge and route 90 bridge. These fish aren't in there normal deep channel areas like they will be in a few months, there in shallow stuff trying to keep warm. And leave the minnows and shiners at home, they're eating grass and sand shrimp and crabs, tandem rig two of the smallest bucktails (the heavier spec rigs work fine) you can find, put a 3 inch strip of squid on em and keep jiggin em straight down next to the boat. There was a boat fishin around us that was there before us, when we left I asked how many they had and they said ONE, they were using minnows and squid.