13 posts in this topic

Hey!:hello:

What's going on! As you see from the title I'm new here. I just wanted to find a good place online to discuss fishing because I still consider myself new to it and I would like to learn more.

Ok here is my fishing bio.

To be completely honest, I've gone out fishing about 5-6 times in my life.:angry7: I've caught a few catfish in the creek behind my house and when I went to Colorado I caught about 6 Rainbow trout in Lake Dillon.

:help:

Ok here is the real point of this post. I don't even own a fishing pole or any gear. I've always borrowed a friends. What do you guys recomend me to start out with. I was looking at a Shakespeare rod at Wal-mart that I might pick up.

Also what type of bait do you reomend to use for fishing in creeks, lakes, or ponds? (thats where I plan to do most fishing)

Anyway thanks for looking and I appreciate any help

I would suggest that you come visit me, I run a local tackle shop in va Beach and have fished here for 40 years. I can hook you up with 10% off being a member of Atlantic Anglers. I only work Mon & Tue....then 7 am to 12 noon on Fridays at the tackle shop.....all the other days I fish except Sunday.....this week I will fish Wed, Thurs, Fri afternoon and all day Saturday.....if you let us know a day/time you can swing by maybe Dixie can make it and you can meet us both. Or DS422 as well, he is president of a local fishing club here.

Jamie

welcomegif-1.jpg

Go by and see RACN at Crab Creek Outfitters right at the base of Lesner Bridge.

He will get you started with a quality yet inexpensive combo for your needs rather than something that will break on ya.

While freshwater fishing can be fun, you will get hooked on saltwater fishing if you try it. Go out with us a few times and get the hang of it! Best time of year is right around the corner!

Welcome!

Welcome!!! Those guys down there in that area are fishin fools...I've never seen people get out fishing more than they do. You should be in good hands.

Welcome to the board and I would highly suggest taking Jamie up on that offer. You can't lose. :)

Best time of year is right around the corner!

:icon_thumleft:

:blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1:

I would suggest that you come visit me, I run a local tackle shop in va Beach and have fished here for 40 years. I can hook you up with 10% off being a member of Atlantic Anglers. I only work Mon & Tue....then 7 am to 12 noon on Fridays at the tackle shop.....all the other days I fish except Sunday.....this week I will fish Wed, Thurs, Fri afternoon and all day Saturday.....if you let us know a day/time you can swing by maybe Dixie can make it and you can meet us both. Or DS422 as well, he is president of a local fishing club here.

Jamie

Hey!:hello:

Where is your shop located at? I just might swing by there. Oh yeah thanks for the 10% off offer. college student = always broke.

Also thanks for the greetings guys!:icon_salut:

Jeremy

the addy is 3617 shore drive, va beach 23455

I just got some Penn Roddy & Okuma combos in yesterday - both between 35 & 40 bucks....clean and taken care of these rods/reels will last you 10 years easy....they come already spooled with line too. I wont be in today.....but Thursday I will be there by Noon until 6 pm and back Friday at 6 am until Noon....Sat or Sun ? never never never no way ! Back on Monday

685 - 4811 if you wanna buzz me

Glad to have you here!

Do a search on whatever you like and you'll find a plethora of info.

Warning: You are about to embark on a hobby that may cause dizziness, headaches, jitters and loss of sanity if not participated in at least weekly.

:D

the addy is 3617 shore drive, va beach 23455

I just got some Penn Roddy & Okuma combos in yesterday - both between 35 & 40 bucks....clean and taken care of these rods/reels will last you 10 years easy....they come already spooled with line too. I wont be in today.....but Thursday I will be there by Noon until 6 pm and back Friday at 6 am until Noon....Sat or Sun ? never never never no way ! Back on Monday

685 - 4811 if you wanna buzz me

I might swing buy there next thursday just to look around!:happy3: