5 posts in this topic

I am looking for a couple of guys that want to fish the upper tangier sound area on saturday or sunday. I will be down on the boat in Rumbley for the weekend by myself this week. PM me if interested or call me on my cell 302-228-9316

George

I LOVE the Tangier sound.....Thats where I started fishing the bay years ago. We used to put in a Wenona, Deale Island and Crisfield. I can tell you there is great fishing to be had there.....I'd have to pull up a chart (when I do I'll give you the Buoy #) but there's one just out of crisfield that from late sept on will put you on one of the largest striper schools I've ever seen. There's also one out of Wenona that is just slam full of trout, croaker, spot, flounder and blues. Are you planning on Trolling, drifting or Anchoring?

Its R12 just out of Wenona. Normally that marker out is LOADED with boats....most people will be anchored, We always drift (make sure you have a drift sock, the current can rip through there pretty good) We always have squid on bottom rigs and 2oz sting silvers and jig them as we go. The drop off into the channel is where we always find them...if you get a good drift you can drift right down the edge and be on fish the whole time. 28-35' of water is always where we've found the fish there......GL, hope you get a chance to try it out.

Thanks Jeff, The bouy out of crisfield is R8 at puppy hole or G9 at Terrapin Sands. Any of those channel edges are good, I have a few small oyster beds I fish in that area too. I have been fishing the sound for over 40 years now. I remember when we used to anchor in 100 feet of water, drop a half a peeler crab down for trout over 10 pounds. None of them around anymore, you are lucky if you can find a 10 inch one now. We used to anchor in the shallows in the spring and shoot stingrays with bows while we waited for the red drum to bite.

Thanks Jeff, The bouy out of crisfield is R8 at puppy hole or G9 at Terrapin Sands. Any of those channel edges are good, I have a few small oyster beds I fish in that area too. I have been fishing the sound for over 40 years now. I remember when we used to anchor in 100 feet of water, drop a half a peeler crab down for trout over 10 pounds. None of them around anymore, you are lucky if you can find a 10 inch one now. We used to anchor in the shallows in the spring and shoot stingrays with bows while we waited for the red drum to bite.

Yeah...that R8 is very nice.. Everytime I've fished it the school of stripers has been there in the morning...they disappear mid day but are back in the afternoon. We always fish close by and keep an eye out for birds....I've never seen fish so thick on a finder...