44 posts in this topic

:D Looks like the fishing season is starting to get underway,,,stripers should start showing in greater numbers towards the end of the month,,,bluefish should be here any day and there are plenty of doggies and skates to keep you busy.

Get your feet in the sand, go fish and have fun!

I fished last night from 5:00 - 12:30 with nothing but doggies and skates. It was nice meeting and fishing with Randy Stinchcomb and Mrs SRS. OCSnapper (David) joined us for a while. Beautiful weather.

Today brought in a strong wind from the West until around 6:30 then it switched over to S/E. It was like someone turned on the air conditioner! A storm threatened us but it soon passed. I was joined by Randy and his wife, Barb and Skylar stopped by for a few minutes to wet a line. No striped ones yet, but soon.... I did have a very suspicious bite taken out of one of my bunker chunks. Looked kinda like a chomper blue :wink: I think those green eyed devils are just around the corner.

4_15_06_049_154.jpg.5f6a53e1d75ca9d92b90

4_15_06_047_564.jpg.25684db09c25a5610250

4_15_06_044_168.jpg.1deae07761319b52305c

4_15_06_042_363.jpg.2181b6f05691fe97fc2c

4_15_06_041_196.jpg.2111494535c852013697

4_15_06_038_172.jpg.81d6c79edf4a470350f2

4_15_06_037_986.jpg.7ed4fcac4270f4295bc9

4_15_06_036_102.jpg.65447f032e7f6516c9c3

It was great meeting Randy and his Bride!

I no sooner got my line in the water when my adopted twin boys showed up in their 1987 new Bronco. I was just talking with Randy when they almost tipped over as they turned at the high tide line on a one foot drop off. As if that was not enough their radiator cracked. GAME OVER...

So make sure you have what your suppose to have, tow line etc. Thanks to Randy for his help in hooking up the tow strap...

I towed them back to the air stations, parked their truck in the lot, cleared it with the rangers for pickup on Monday... drove back to get the other twin and drove them all home.

I think that Randy caught dinner off my line but no one was talking! :chef:

Looked like a great day of fishing,,,wish I could of been out there,,,the weather looked pretty good.

I headed out to meet coop on AI tonight around 6pm on Sunday and stopped off at bucks place. This couple in a compact car had two big coolers full of huge (30"+) bluefish. They said the bunker were just washing up on the beach and flopping around. By the time I got there it was over. Must be cool to see a bluefish blitz on the beach.

Coop and I fished until around 2am and the thunder and lightning rolled in again. Calm night otherwise, plenty of skate as usual. Beautiful moon when it decided to peek out from the clouds.

yes, Barb and I had a blast over the weekend 8) was great to meet you all :up:

we did have some left-over Bumker, so we tried down by the inlet on sunday morning, caught 2 more skates :oops: then headed home. be back down friday night :mrgreen:

Sam, thanks for the ham sandwich and thank Carrie for me,,,that was some good ham :D ,,,we'll getem next time,,,Man, I wish we were there for that bluefish blitz.

Nice pics. Glad ya all had fun. I cant wait to get down again.... :)

Fished the beach today beginning very early this morning. On the way to the beach, the sky was lit up. Fortunetly, the thunder and lighting moved out to sea before I got started. None of the good stuff showed up in the surf for me. Never did see any of the blues everyone talked about from yesterday. Light rain till light with winds slowly picking up. I had a bit of a mis-cast that required Bev at Harbor tackle to replace a tip.

Wind picked up steadly from the NE throughout the day. After getting my rod repaired, the weather inland seemed OK, so I went back out. I knew I was in trouble when I saw the rained soakened sand begin to blew steady across the beach. Called it quits soon after.

Kutch

Welcome Kutch and thanks for the report! Good to see ya on board. :mrgreen: :v:

Welcome aboard Kutch :D ,,,tough wet conditions this morning and early afternoon.

Tried tossing lures and bucktails at the Ocean City Inlet tonight for about an hour on incoming tide. Not even a bump. I did see a nice long gar swimming around on top. Seagulls working the lights as usual.

Afterwards, I stopped by Snapper's and talked with David for a bit. Nice place. :-)

Tried tossing lures and bucktails at the Ocean City Inlet tonight for about an hour on incoming tide. Not even a bump. I did see a nice long gar swimming around on top. Seagulls working the lights as usual.

Afterwards, I stopped by Snapper's and talked with David for a bit. Nice place. :-)

:lol: see, We told you Snappers was a nice place :mrgreen: might just have to make it the official "Waterin' Hole" of DelMarVaFishing.com 8)

:lol: see, We told you Snappers was a nice place :mrgreen: might just have to make it the official "Waterin' Hole" of DelMarVaFishing.com 8)

I Second the motion.

One more and we have a new rule.

Wait a minute...

Can we go in there reeking of fish?

(even if it's just bait!)

hahahaha

Or is this a respectable place, if so, I probably wouldn't be allowed in.

I've never even been there, but I'll add my vote!

"Snappers - the official watering hole of Delmarvafishing.com"

(sound of gavel crashing down)

Secretary, please note this in the minutes.

:wohow:

(uh-ooh, lookout Dave)

I've never even been there, but I'll add my vote!

"Snappers - the official watering hole of Delmarvafishing.com"

Me too.....Where is it located :?:

That's about right!

On the corner of Wicomico and Baltimore Av. down town OC just 5 blocks south of Rt. 50 bridge. one block off the boards.

and thanks guys :)

I Second the motion.

One more and we have a new rule.

Wait a minute...

Can we go in there reeking of fish?

(even if it's just bait!)

hahahaha

Or is this a respectable place, if so, I probably wouldn't be allowed in.

why not, Dave does :lol::lol::lol: I know for a-fact he goes from AI right to Snappers for work and vice-versa :wink:

Fished AI late afternoon and into the night with Sam,,,great night on the beach but managed no fish with stripes but did get a 30" chomper blue an hour or so before dark,,,a great time fishing,,,the blue felt like a skate :? ,,,thought for sure it was a skate at first until he started to swim down the beach quickly,,,no real fight :? another great time for fishing.

I am going to have to stop by snappers soon, for a cold one and some good eats :D

blue41806_267.jpg.0ad5fee4414d61a3a04593

Nice - coop (even if he didn't fight like he should've). Did that chomper tell you where his buddies were? THey're not supposed to be loners....

Now there is something for the ol smoker... :chef: nice catch 8)

That's a nice looking fish! I'm ready to catch something besides skate. Hope his buddies show up for the fling! :lol: