5 posts in this topic

Well, I was off yesterday and the girls wanted to head out somewhere they could swim, catch fish, catch crayfish etc. So we packed up sun night and headed out first thing mon morning. Water was low, but we went to Karo Landing (just south of front royal on 340) I took the yak and the canoe..I let the girls play in gooney creek for a while then moved over to the river. The creek water was nice and chilly, which made the river feel like bathwater. Brittany decided she wanted to try the yak, so off she went. We had a nice picnic lunch on the bank of gooney creek then we packed up the canoe and yak and headed up river to drift back down. The short (8-12") smallmouth were abundant, as well as the sunfish. The shock of the day was a 20" Channel Cat that nailed my 2" Berkley Power Grub (natural/chartreuse) That was a fun fight on my Ultralite with 4# mono. That was the only fish we kept, and it was quickly filleted up and fried into Fiery Catfish Fingers last night...Yummy. We called it a day around 3pm and headed back to my parent's house to drop of the canoe and yak. The girls had a blast, I had a blast, we all caught fish, I had a good dinner.....what more can a guy ask for!!!!!

5852a526f3ebc_Alifirstfishofday.jpg.4ebd

5852a52705e53_Brittanyfirstfish.jpg.6b26

5852a52709ebf_20inchannelcat.jpg.9d3866f

5852a5270ec86_LunchCamp.jpg.7e255957ee1a

5852a52713926_Brittanyinyak.jpg.d6576cbc

5852a52717b28_swimminghole.jpg.c5382f07f

Looks like a great time Jeff - places like that are really special - great memories with the family

Great pics Jeff! I must give you credit man, you are raising those girls right, with an appreciation of family time and the outdoors. Way to go my friend!!! :icon_thumleft:

Great pics Jeff! I must give you credit man, you are raising those girls right, with an appreciation of family time and the outdoors. Way to go my friend!!! :icon_thumleft:

Ha!!!! I gotta be careful though. I can definitely fish them too much. There have been times that they don't want to go because we've done it so much. I've learned that if I make sure that there's something else for them to do when we fish, or if I wait for them to want to go fishing, then we have more fun, and they are 1000x more excited about going. less than 3 weeks now until I'm sitting on the beach in corolla catching up some fish with them!!!!!!!!!!!! Brittany is worried though...she isn't sure she can handle a shark, she still complains about the trouble she had with a 24" pike up in canada a couple years ago...I've assured her that with the belt...a chair and the gear I have that she'll do just fine :)

Looks like a good time had by all! Can't ask for a better day.