4 posts in this topic

Robert Don and I decided to continue the quest for King Mackerel, we left Rudee at 0630 and headed south in search of bunker and unfortunately there was none to be found. We did pick up a few Bluefish in one toss of the net good friend Danny Kee had put a few Bunker and Herring in the boat and was kind enough to give us a bucket full to get fishing. Started fishing just south of Dam Neck and within 30 minutes we have our first and what would be our only hook up for the day. I was a nice one a 47 lb Cobia, Robert’s first Cobia WTG!!! Had the fish to the at least ten times she didn’t want to come onboard but finally got tired enough to allow me to get her in the net.

Excellent day on the water thanks again to Robert and Don!!!

Robert’s first Cobia!!!!

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

This is what a king rig looks like after a long battle with a 50 lb class Cobia!!!

clear.gif

I saw you guys leaving Rudee..I paddled my kayak out of Owl Creek to see a nice sunrise and ended up catchign a few spaniards outside the inlet

Pretty cobia, can't say that about ole Robert!:happy8:

Glad to see he got the cobia, headed to Dam Neck here in an hour or so myself to see if anything is happening from the surf!

Nice report and pic's as usual!