8 posts in this topic

Hit the pier for the last hour or so of sunlight.

Lost a potential 18-20" flounder on the first cast, then lost another smaller one right after that.:angryfire:

Went a while and nada, till I felt my Gulp stop dead in it's tracks. Waited a few seconds and BAM fish on. Felt nice and looked nice on top of the water, now if I could just bring it up 20 feet + out of the water and over the rail with 8# test and no shock leader.

Luck was on my side and the flounder hit the deck. Looked like it was going to be close to a keeper and it was, only it was 18 3/4" and not 19" for a keeper. A freaking 1/4" short!:confused5: Could have easily stepped on it's tail or kept it, but I put a tag in him, gave him a nice chuckle and set him back off in the water. I think a couple guys were ready to kill me, but it's the right thing to do.

Lost a few more after that, but the bite seemed to slow down for the flounder.

Did see some small spot, croaker and a few decent taylor blues being caught. One guy had a smoking run on some finger mullet, but came unbuttoned. One medium southern ray landed and a few big cownose were showing up as I left.

:angel10:On a different note, I could use a few prayers for my Grandmother who has taken a turn for the worse tonight with some health issues!:angel10:

*If I duck off the site for a bit then you guys know why....

Hope everyone has a good weekend and catches some nice fish!:icon_thumright:

speaking of ducking off for a few days.....heading out in about a 1/2 hour bro.....down the road to ole alabam......the poster "uncle Chuck" on Fintalk.com really is my uncle.....he checked out with a massive heart attack thursday,his last post on the site was after my babe in the net catch.....must have done the old guy in ! Funeral is Sunday afternoon and we will haul freight 14 hours back home.....I will be at Crab Creek W & TH vise M & Tu.....next Friday back to normal.

SEE YA !

Steve, sorry to hear about your grandmother and my thoughts are with you and your grandmother.

Thanks for the prayers!:angel9:

With a strong will and a switch of medicine, my Grandmother was able to pull herself out a bit from where she was. Still not out ouf the woods, but improving every hour, which I'll take for now.