9 posts in this topic

And its from a yak, hope thats OK.

Took my new (to me) Hobie out to the HRBT mostly to get used to the yak but must fish...LOL

Using fresh cast netted peanuts I got 4 flounder from 17-19" and the surprise to me, 3 striper from 20-25". Them striper pull alot better then a flounder and the 25 dragged me around a bit in the yak...:icon_thumright:

Saw you bought the yak, I think I will break down next year and buy one. I'm getting too old to pull that pier cart down the beach!

Glad ya got into a few fish, think I'm gonna walk out the door and go look to tag some small flatties myself.

My luck I'll get my keeper today during the closed season!

Tnx for the report!

Fishing from a yak is great! Glad to have your post and congrats on your fun purchase.

Welcome to the forum!!!

hey dude !!!

soo , how many yaks ya got now ?????:confused5:

wish you were closer ...wouldn't mind trying that hobie out :3gears:

first full week in oct . portsmouth ?? or buxton ???

think we are leaning towards portsmouth again ; but still up in the air ..

really want to enjoy portsmouth before it gets screwed up like hatteras :boxing:

see ya on the beach

derf

Nice job! Yeah, yak fishing is sounding more appealing to me too.

Thanks for the welcome.

Hey Derf, only got 2, for now...:help:

As for October, I think I am gonna be up here that time of year unless something major changes down south.

Gimme a holla sometime.

Saw you bought the yak, I think I will break down next year and buy one. I'm getting too old to pull that pier cart down the beach!

Wait till you start dragging a kayak down the beach, sometimes the pier cart would be easier...:D

Thanks for the report. Funny that by chance I saw you in HRBT traffic headed to pic up said NTY yak and a Hobie no less :icon_pray:

Almost pulled the trigger on an inexpensive starter yak set-up from BPS this Spring until another money demand issue popped up and now I'm staring down braces for my 10 yr old :binkybaby: So I'm out for now ~ maybe next year eh?!

FYI, our/your non-profit has and continues to work on yak public access issues so we all have more and better places for folks to put in at.

Hey maybe even a place to park too :glasses2:

Mark

Thanks for the report. Funny that by chance I saw you in HRBT traffic headed to pic up said NTY yak and a Hobie no less :icon_pray:

Almost pulled the trigger on an inexpensive starter yak set-up from BPS this Spring until another money demand issue popped up and now I'm staring down braces for my 10 yr old :binkybaby: So I'm out for now ~ maybe next year eh?!

FYI, our/your non-profit has and continues to work on yak public access issues so we all have more and better places for folks to put in at.

Hey maybe even a place to park too :glasses2:

Mark

Mark, was good seeing ya briefly in traffic, we need to fish here soon. Fall is just around the corner.

Thanks BTW, for all you and the rest of VCAN are doing.

See ya soon!:glasses1: