6 posts in this topic

What's the deal with the flounder fishing in O.C. this year? I have had a terrible year. I caught a few spring fish, but nothing like the last five years. I have been fishing three times this month with 3-4" live spot and I have been skunked three times in a row. It's not just me , my buddies haven't caught anything either. All three times I have not seen anything even remotely near keeper size caught by any of the boats fishing around me. Today I saw one 5" flounder caught in the swarm of boats out there. I'm fishing two hours before the high until 2 hours after. Has anyone been catching them???? The latest trawl data indicates the biomass is at all time highs since flounder conservation efforts began in the early eighties. I hope things pick up soon.

Haven't had a chance to fish the bay or inlet but a couple weeks ago we caught 5 in the surf at AI. Only one was legal though.

I've not heard of any Flounder being caught either, now I did sea where a Redfish was caught in the back bay:icon_wink:

Cold ocean temps have kept them out deep.

That along with the new limits tells me to avoid fishing for them in close.

They're just starting to show in numbers in the delaware bay, but flounder fishing has always been better up there.

va was good from the reports i saw, but oc is below par for sure

Last year I had a great early season and horrible fall fishing. With the abundance of small spot in the bays, I'm hoping for a banner fall season.