4 posts in this topic

Well the arm felt good this morning so I figured I'd push my luck and take the yak out. Jamie was taking the boat out but it sounded like bad weather out on the open ocean. Launched from the Crab Creek Landing at about 830 and started my paddle. For some stupid reason I wanted to fish the pylons outside of the inlet...on a incoming tide....it was a tough paddle out to them but didnt take too long....got plenty of hits out there and even lost a good sized blue right at the yak. Last cast there I pulled up the biggest Sea Robin I've ever seen. Decided to head across to the Duck Inn side and beach the yak and wade out a bit since the current was running. got over there and caught 3 flounder 10, 11 and 14. Fish were there it was just hard to keep the salad off your lures. Met Dennis (Hookinfinger). Nice guy..it was good to put a face with the name. Decided it was time to head into the Inlet and try out some old wading spots that ya cant get to anymore. Set up for my first Drift down the channel and noticed another yaker on his way up. tossed a grub a few times at the weeds and slowly reeled in and got plenty of hits. I toss it out and feel as I just snagged a sunken boot filled with mud. Did it right infront of the other yakker...so I figured " oh great this guy is gonna see the newbie catch somethign stupid". Well then the boot pulled back. Once I got it up after a little fight this boot was brown with white spots. Turned out to be a nice 19 and 1/4 inch flattie. got him in the yak tagged and set him off. Paddled back further into the inlet and came up on a huge school of Reds. didnt matter what I threw at them..thjey just wouldnt not hit anything... After that I figured I'd head in....paddled back and met up with some friends at Hooters....all in all a great day...

AndyMedic

if the weather had been better you & Dennis would have met on my boat today ! Nice job man......I got plenty of room for a big guy like you again tomorro if you wanna run south where Tony & I went today.....5 out of 6 bouys all had between 4 and 8 cobia on each one.....way south. I am NOT hopping tomorro.....you know the place......set and chum......

Good ole Deniis AKA Hookinfinger!:happy3:

Nice flattie, I would pay for a keeper at this point!!!

Call you later today!

GLAD you two beotches were able to join Me LAST NIGHT !