7 posts in this topic

I got on the sand around 9:30 am this morning and the first thing I see are dolphins everywhere. They made their way north in a hurry and thankfully I did not see them again. Not long after, a school of small bluefish bust the surface and head straight for the beach just north of my location. I quickly tie on a gotcha and manage to catch a couple, keeping one for future bait.

The water was clear, but had a lot of grass. The blues surfaced many times in the next hour and a half, but the grass made it very difficult to catch them.

Around 11:00am the wind picked up and the blues disappeared. Nothing touched my bait rod, and I caught one blue on the heaver using cut spot. The crabs were chewing at the spot also. Packed up around 12:00pm.

Darryl,

What do you use the blues to catch?

D,

Glad ya got out!

The Oceanfront grass has been bad the last week or so???

Guess the East wind pushed it in?

Darryl,

What do you use the blues to catch?

Good flounder bait! I'll even throw it out on my heaver for drum, or anything else that will bite it. :eusa_pray:

D,

Glad ya got out!

The Oceanfront grass has been bad the last week or so???

Guess the East wind pushed it in?

Maybe that's why I was the only one fishing there today!! When I left there was one person just setting up at the north end.

THANX FOR THE INVITE BRO - I went to the tackle shop at 6 and restocked some stuff and then went to the rail and tagged flounder- tag & release 14 fish,added to my 400 + list for the year so far.

Bluefish- If I am using cutbait, there is no better cut bait than the oily bluefish.....filet it,strip it and cover in Kosher salt, put in fridge ( do not freeze ) it will last several weeks.

Thanks for the report. That trip was better than no trip.