“Fishing for a Cure!”

Ya Gotta Regatta!

1st Place: $1,000

2nd Place: $600

3rd Place: $400

Awards for the Boat with up to 3 Flounder, Heaviest Total Weight

Captain___________________________

# of Crew (including the Captain) ______

Address______________________________ City________________ State____ Zip_________

Home Ph.____________ Wk. Ph.____________ Email: __________________

Make of Boat___________________ Doc. /Registration No. _______________

Boat Name ______________________

Club Name _______________________________

Crew: _____________________________________ Jr. Angler Y N (Circle One)

NOTE: Jr. Angler must be Age 15 or under.

Special Awards To:

* Fishing Club with the Largest Flounder *

* Junior Anglers Award Ages 15 & Under* * Calcutta for The Largest Single Flounder

Captain’s Meeting Social:

Friday, Aug. 8th, 6:30 pm at:

Bay Point Marina - 9500 30th Bay St., Norfolk

Weigh Stations:

August 9th from 4-6 pm at:

Little Creek Marina - 4801 Pretty Lake Ave., Norfolk

Long Bay Pointe Marina – 2109 W Great Neck Rd., Va. Beach

Sat. Night Celebration:

Sat., Aug. 9th, After You Weigh In at:

Bay Point Marina - 9500 30th Bay St., Norfolk

Awards will start around 7pm

Go to www.hamptonroadsregatta.org for more details

Mail Advanced Applications To:

Hampton Roads Regatta

(Checks Payable to St. Jude Hospital) 5520 Janet Drive

Norfolk, Va. 23513

Registration Fee per Boat:

Up To 4 Anglers $100.00

(Includes (4) Sat. night event tickets)

Additional Anglers: $25 each #___ x $25 = $ ____________

Additional Sat night Event tickets $15 each # ___ x $15 = $ ___

Optional Calcutta $50.00 per Boat, 100% Payout: $_______

Total Enclosed: = $ _____________

I agree to abide by the Fishing Tournament rules and instructions of the St. Jude

Children’s Research Hospital’s Hampton Roads Regatta & Fishing committee. I acknowledge the risks of fishing and, knowing that it is my sole responsibility to decide to enter or continue a tournament. I voluntarily assume the risk of participation in the event, and release St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and the volunteers coordinating the Hampton Roads Regatta from all liability in connection with any injury or damage which may occur. I do have boater’s insurance.

Signature: ______________________________________ Date: ___________

Additional Information and Forms Available at

www.hamptonroadsregatta.org. Any Questions, Contact the Fishing Tournament Committee Chairman, Lucian Montagna at lmontagnaj@aol.com or by phone at (757)535-6868.

St. Jude Flounder Tournament Rules and Regulations

Fishing-For-A-Cure

1. Contestant/Entrant agrees to procure reasonable property and personal liability insurance for all ctivities related to contestant’s participation in this tournament and shall assume all risk of injury or death and loss of property which may result from participation in the tournament. Contestant hereby

releases and discharges St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, American Lebanese Syrian Associated Charities, Inc., the Hampton Roads Regatta, the Norfolk Anglers Club, sponsor(s), other participants and their respective officers, directors, officials, representatives, agents, employees, volunteers and all others associated with this event, from any and all liability, obligation, loss, damages, claims or causes of action in any way resulting from or arising out of the tournament or related activities. Contestant grants this release and discharge with full knowledge and awareness of the inherent danger associated with competitive fishing events such as this tournament.

2. To participate and be eligible for this tournament, a properly completed and signed registration form is required. Any person entering the tournament that is not 18 years of age must fish with an adult and have written permission to fish. This written permission must be from the contestant’s parent or legal guardian and submitted with the under-aged contestant’s application.

3. The tournament may be canceled due to unsafe weather or water conditions. The decision to cancel will be at the full discretion of the tournament director (head weigh master). In the event of a cancellation prize winners will be determined by a lottery held Saturday evening (August, 9th 2008).

4. All contestants are required to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy and conservation and to conduct themselves in a manner that will be a credit to themselves, to the tournament organization and sponsor’s, and to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

5. All boats and motors must meet current U.S. Coast Guard requirements. Boat operators are not permitted to consume alcoholic beverages of any kind during tournament hours. No mind altering substance of any kind is allowed at any time, including during pre-tournament and tournament activities, including weigh-in.

6. The entry fee is $100.00 per boat (pre-registration is highly encouraged). All contestants are encourage to attend the Friday night Captain’s Meeting Social (August 8th, 2008 at 6:30 pm) to ensure they are aware of any rule changes, cancellations or clarifications. Captain’s meeting will be held at Bay Pointe Marina, 9500 30th Bay St., Norfolk.

7. Lines in not earlier than 5 AM, Sat., August 9th, 2008. All fish must be caught on hook and line, tackle is unlimited, and live bait may be used.

8. Anglers (contestants) must adhere to and follow all Virginia Game and Fish laws, as well as regulations set forth by the VMRC and Coast Guard regulations for vessels navigating the tributaries, Chesapeake Bay and off-shore. According to Virginia regulations, no flounder less than 19” will be weighed. Participants are responsible for the legal disposal of their own fish.

9. Winning fish may be subject to internal inspection by the weigh master or tournament director. No alteration of the entered fish will be allowed. Prizes awarded for the total weight of up to 3 fish. For those entering the Calcutta will be the single largest fish.

10. The weigh master will have the final call on the weight of each weighed fish. Fish will only be weighed one time and one time only. In the event of a tie, the first fish to be weighed will determine the winner. The weigh master will use certified scales, and will be determined an official weight station by the state of Virginia.

11. All weigh stations (as list on the entry form) will be open from 4 pm to 6 pm the day of the tournament.

12. Each boat registered will be eligible for only One Prize with the exception of the Junior Angler Award for anglers age 15 and under, the Calcutta and the Perpetual Trophy (to be displayed in a prominent location) will be awarded to the anglers club with the largest flounder.

13 Although highly encouraged, boat registrants do not have to be present to win. Ensure you have good contact information on your registration form.

14. In consideration for permission to participate in the tournament, I (contestant) hereby grant to the Hampton Roads Regatta, Norfolk Anglers Club and to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital the unconditional right to use my name, voice, and photograph likeness in the presentation and promotion of future tournaments and other events or activities which benefit St. Jude. I understand that I will not be entitled to receive any royalties or other compensation in connection with such use.

15. The Tournament Chairman reserves the right to disqualify, with or without refund of entry fees, any contestant should the contestant not adhere to the above rules.

16. The awards ceremony will be held after the tournament on the 9th of August, at the Bay Point Marina at 9500 30th Bay St., Norfolk.

The following statement must be read, signed and turned in with the entry form.

“I understand that as Tournament Captain, Participant, or Boat Owner, I am responsible for my boat and occupants at all times. I have read and fully understand and agree to abide by all rules of the St. Jude Flounder Tournament. I hereby release and discharges St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, American Lebanese Syrian Associated Charities, Inc., the Hampton Roads Regatta, Norfolk Anglers Club, event sponsor(s), other participants and their respective officers, directors, officials, representatives, agents,

employees, volunteers and all others associated with this event, from any and all liability, obligation, loss, damages, claims or causes of action in any way resulting from or arising out of the tournament or related activities. “

Signature: _______________________________________

Date: __________________

Printed Name:________________________________________

Edited by DS422

DS422,

I have attached the application for you.

Captain's meeting is tonight at 6:30 pm at Bay Point Marina. Complimentary pizza will be served with beverages available for purchase. The weather looks great for tomorrow!!!!!!!!