4 posts in this topic

Hit NAVSTA Norfolk Pier after work today and met up with a few others I met. They had just cast netted some nice finger mullet and peanut bunker so I was curious if they would catch some bigger flatties than I had been catching. Water was stained and the tide just started pushing back in with some small bait in the top of the water column.

Gulp vs. Live Bait

I used the usual Gulp 4" Swimming Mullet on a 1/4 red jig head tonight (mostly white tonight) while they were using the fresh caught bait tonight.

Not that it was a contest, but I was curious to see how the Gulp would compare to the real thing tonight. I got on the board first, then got two more before they landed a flounder. After that, I landed three more, before we all packed it up and called it a night.

Gulp is simply amazing stuff and outfished the Live bait tonight 6 to 1 and the live bait had two lines in the water to the Gulp's one. If you have never fished Gulp I highly advise it as the flounder simply cannot resist it!

Nice seeing some old friends out there and hope to get back at it later this week!

It dont suprise me one bit !! I know guys at Rudee that will only use Gulp and nothing else-

We sell 30 packs of white & Chart a week in the tackle shop -

a little jig head produces more fish too, I use a 1/2 oz and dont as well but all my fish are bigger

Hit it again on Thursday afternoon for a few and tagged 3 flounder up to 17" and finally landed a puppy drum from there!

All were tagged and released!

I found earlier in the year the gulp was doing great. Since the finger mullet and peanuts have been around live or recently deceased bait has been the ticket from the yak anyway.