Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest mdram

assateague back bay

12 posts in this topic

anyone ever do any wade fishig out there, ive been thinking about it over the past few years.

I did it for flounder years ago, but I really didn't know what I was doing. You can wade for clams too, plenty there. Gonna' take the yak in the bay this year to play a bit....

I've fished some of the shallow areas by boat, caught some fish, mostly thro-back flounders, some blues and alot of white perch, spot and some croaker.

I do plan on fishing more of the back bay from the RT611 bridge on down to Newport Bay this year 8)

I like that whole back-bay area, looks promising and un-touched :wink:

i was thinking of going to one of the area you can park at and wading out to see what i might get. didnt know if the rock and drum ever came into those shallows

i was thinking of going to one of the area you can park at and wading out to see what i might get. didnt know if the rock and drum ever came into those shallows

yup and I agree, but I just haven't found to much info or too many people who fish it :|

I'll be testing those waters by boat more this year for sure and if you want to-go wth me, we can pair-up and cover more ground, you by wading and me wth the boat :up:

oh if i ever get around too it i will post, and you might catch me out ther ein the father-in-lays boat after we put it in for the season. a 15' whaler 60hp 4stroke.

he told me i hafta use it more this year

I like that whole back-bay area, looks promising and un-touched :wink:

Amen to that.... When I get a yak, Im gonna hit them bars with a clam rake... see if I can get a keeper flounder or 2 also.... :)

Well, ya better show him some respect by obeying his wishes.... 8)

Well, ya better show him some respect by obeying his wishes.... 8)

lol, plan too, only thing is its a long ride from 47th street

hmmm :idea: this thread has the making's of a weekend/overnight trip wth boats, yaks, fly rods and fisher-people written all over-it :D

hmmm :idea: this thread has the making's of a weekend/overnight trip wth boats, yaks, fly rods and fisher-people written all over-it :D

:lol::lol::lol: I hear that.... :D

Ive soaked bait while the family dug 4 clams,no keepers :(

imgfish004_203.jpg.40e8a467cb02a059175cc