4 posts in this topic

Hit NOB after work today from 6pm till a touch after 8pm. Wind wasn't what I was hoping for, but water was not that bad.

Tossed out and caught a sea robin on the first cast! Hoped it wouldn't be a critter night and my wish was answered.

Weeded through some pesky crabs, but ended up tagging 12 Flounder and 4 sea bass with the biggest flounder tonight around 15". Lost a bigger one pulling him out of the water, then dropped the jig back down on him and he sucked it up again. Pulled him out of the water again only for him to shake and roll off once more. He was done this time, not hitting the jig for a third time.

Ended up catching a tagged flounder for the first time this year and low and behold it was mine! Caught and tagged him originally back on 6/27/08 in the exact spot I caught him tonight and he measured out the same length as well. Left the tag in and tossed him back. About an hour or so later I catch another tagged fish about 30 yards down from where I caught the first tagged fish. Guess what? It was the same exact fish I had caught earlier who I guess was just hungry!

Handed out an Atlantic Anglers card to a British Sailor named Glen who was in port at NOB for a week. Nice guy and hope he checks out the site here soon or when he returns home in a few weeks! He was headed to fish in the next day or two at the pier located on base.

Nice night and I think the fish may have turned on even more as I was leaving. Would have stayed, but I ran out of Gulp Alive tonight! Need to make a run tomorrow for a fresh bucket of it! Color was no issue tonight as they hit Chartreuse, Pearl, Glow and Root Beer, all of which were on a red 1/4oz jig head.

Back at it tonight with a little skinnier water.

Tagged 3 flounder with only one being mine. Pulled him out of my ole reliable spot on a Gulp Alive.

Tried a test tonight with some regular 4" grub tails and nada hit on any of them. Switched over to the Gulp and started getting hits! I tell ya, the stuff flat out works, a touch pricey, but works. The small 8" blues tore my tails off tonight for a while.

Biggest flounder tonight was 13 1/2"!

Don’t throw those tailless gulps away stick them back in a gulp bag or in an unused alive container and reuse the bodies they are suppose to make good cut baits.

Don’t throw those tailless gulps away stick them back in a gulp bag or in an unused alive container and reuse the bodies they are suppose to make good cut baits.

Tried it several times, never had any luck!