14 posts in this topic

Hit Assateague yesterday, 1 pm to about 11 pm.

Pretty rough conditions, didn't take the yak out of the rack. Surf break 4', 4 second interval, outer breakers 5+. Water temp 67.1 degrees, air temp 71.2 degrees. Slight SE wind, skeeters came out with a vengeance at dark.

Used frozen and fresh, one decent hit just after sunset. One Chark swam through and cut line earlier during the day.

Net result, 0 hooked.

No green worms seen, they were black tumbleweeds this time. :D

At least you got out there!!!! Hopefully the toothy critters are just waiting for the fling to show up in force :)

I fished AI today for about 2 hours and caught a nice 15" flounder. He is back in the suds for a growth spirt. Nice day at the beach.

:cool:Just finished cleaning and putting all the gear away.

On the beach @ 5:15am 2 mi below thw crossover. Got thw wife set up and beore i could get the second rod baited had a 2-3# Bluefish on a bunker strip on a pink doodle bug(white hair). Got the meat rod out 6/0 circle standard surf rig and snet the third rod with a lime green doodle bug with gulp bloodworm. Light SW nice sunrise easy seas 4oz max weight. One more 3# blue on the pink. Tide expected full high @ 8:23 am pretty close. A big steady pull on the pink anbot 8:45 did'nt get to it in time to set the hook. We had planned to stay till noon but it's dam hot and the flies turned on about 10:30am (jusy as we were leaving)whew! Might try dusk till one time this weekend. My advise, get out early fish through the incoming then GTFO! Good luck.

Capt.CL

PS What's up with all the non permit holders out on the beach?! Don't we have enough trouble already?

Nice job on the blues. What do you mean "non permit holders"?

That's right Steve. Sometimes you gotta' wonder when you see a number of vehicles without the sticker. Man is the dune crossover bounchy/lumpy or what. Roger on the Easterly Sam!

I had a chance to get out today with the wife and fish the surf. Lots of VERY nice spot and a few kingfish. Landed one big southern stingray just before we left. Great day.:icon_thumleft:

Lots of VERY nice spot and a few kingfish.

Spot are starting to get thick around here as well! Good sign of things to come!:icon_thumright:

since i got my sticker in nov (?) it is still on the bumper ...

only stickers purchased after jan have to be on the windshield :)

maybe that it why ?

i know a lot purchased permits before the 'new' rates went into effect ..

I renewed this past weekend and it's now on the windshield.Being a pa truck the left side is cluttered with the inspection, emissions,and orv stickers. I'll have to drive like Ace Ventura with my head out the left side window.:happy2:

I'll have to drive like Ace Ventura with my head out the left side window.:happy2:

LOL.. Nice to see you on, Dave. :icon_thumleft:

Did'nt know about the windsheild thing.Purchased mine in Dec.to get in under the $ increase. Also saw where there is now a "seniors" fee of $50. What's the criteria? 55 or 65 or 165, or is it by how old your 4x4 is.:D:D:D:cool:

The senior pass is just for the gate. At 62 years it'll cost ya $10 for a lifetime pass.

As for OSV, no discount. In MD it's $70 for 5 am - midnight. For 24 hr access it's $100, for Bullpen & 24 hr access it's $150.

VA's rates are a little different.

Sam, what did you get the Spot on?

Fished Kent Narrows the other night and caught small rockies. When the tide changed we decided to move further out of the Narrows and towards the Chester River. ...kinda the opening of the Narrows. Man O Man never saw more Cow Nose Rays in my life. We hooked into a few just for fun ( better than 14in Rocks). Was pretty wild seeing all thos fish in one area.:fucyc: