13 posts in this topic

This steady East Wind over the past few days is making it interesting down here in Hampton Roads with some warmer Ocean Water and Bait.

Got a report there was a King Mack landed at Virginia Beach Pier yesterday!!!! :eusa_dance:

Last year was the first time in a long time we had King Mack's landed from a pier and now they are showing themselves again this year!

Great Spanish Action, Cobia, Tarpon, King Mack, what's next!!!!

Time to go wet a line here soon................:icon_rr:

I think the kings are on an up-cycle. seems we have been catching more down here in the last year than we have been off the piers.

53" King Mack landed from Little Island Pier today.......Time to start pin rigging boys and girls!

Man I wish I could fish the pier during the early hours of the week!

Very cool on the Kings! Steve, do you know if anyone got a picture? WOW...

I'm waiting for one to surface.....I Guarantee all the boat guys down here will be prowling around the oceanfront near the piers when they get winds of this!

Plankers get the first King Mack's and Tarpon of the year that I have heard of!!!!

Plankers 2......Boaters 0!

:blob1::blob1:Another King Mack at LIP 47"!!:blob1::blob1:

I hate having a job sometimes! I would love to give this pin rigging a try!

Can someone post what a pin rig is?

it is a method of live bait fishing requiring 2 rods and a connector (pin). on your heaver you tie an anchor weight, which is pretty much just a sinker with wires coming out of it that grab the sand, hence the name anchor. you cast that out and reel it until it is tight and has dug in the sand. on your other rod you just have a live bait rig and the live bait of your choice. you use a pin, or connector and stick it in the eye of the swivel on your live bait and you slide it down the anchor line until it is in the water at your desired depth. simple as that. sounds like a lot but is really simple once you have seen it.

55", 47# King Mack landed tonight from LIP!

Man this is starting to get to me!

Nothing like a steady East wind for a few days huh!:blob1:

Pictures!!!!! ^*(#$#$$ I want pictures $*#$#^& :) Grats to the anglers that pulled them in....I'm WAY jealous.

we went 1 for 6 on avalon today with kings. someone saw a cobia too. the one caught was 20 lbs. of so. there was a big one, 40 +- that was fought for about 10 mins before the hooks pulled. the others just got free meals. thats just how it goes sometimes. yesterday they caught 1 33 lb. cobia and lost another big king. it was snagged in the belly and the gaffer pulled out the hooks with the gaff.

2 more King Mack's yesterday at LIP and another lost at the pier.

SE winds predicted for the next few days, so this could go on through the weekend.....Did hear it's about slammed like during drum season out there!