29 posts in this topic

Just FYI for everyone. I just got done looking through the baston 2008/2009 catalog and they no longer list the SU series of blanks.

They have a new line called the SUR series. I emailed them about the SU series and they said they are not a stocked blank anymore but a dealer can special order them but there will be minimum quantities required.

So anyone who wants to build on those blanks might want to order them now while some dealers still have them in stock. Once they sell out they are going to be hard to come by.

PS-- The new SUR series blanks look similar to the SU series but they are noticably heavier by looking at the specs.

SU1569 = 13.06oz blank weight Rated 5 - 12oz

SUR1569 = 17.0oz blank weight Rated 6 - 16oz

probably because they keep breaking! I still love em though.

Hmmmm the new ones might be tempting though too... any price change?

From there MSRP they look to be about the same in price.

There are a lot of other surf blanks on the market, the thing I liked about the SU 1569 is the weight. It set itself apart from the rest of the pack! Its going to be hard to find a 13 foot blank that can throw 12oz's and only weight 13oz.

If you are looking for a telephone pole you might as well just buy "The Nail"

Yeah, meant to post on this the other day as Batson cleared out all the old blanks, making way for the new and improved blanks.

If you want a 1509, you better not be shy as they will be hard to find here soon if not already.

Only a few of the new blanks are rated the same and a bunch look very very intersting to say the least!

I'll have to take a trip to Fishsticks4u and put my grubby little hands on some and let you know!

Yeah, meant to post on this the other day as Batson cleared out all the old blanks, making way for the new and improved blanks.

If you want a 1509, you better not be shy as they will be hard to find here soon if not already.

Only a few of the new blanks are rated the same and a bunch look very very intersting to say the least!

I'll have to take a trip to Fishsticks4u and put my grubby little hands on some and let you know!

Do you think their number ratings still feel the same? From just looking at the specs it seems they changed a bit. like an old 9 might be an 8 or even 7 in the current models. I am defiantly curious to get some first hands-on opinions on these new blanks.

Has anyone here had the chance to test the new SURs yet? Have found some info on the internet ( not alot out on them yet ) would like some more info regarding the SUR 1508,1509,and the 1569.

Building an SUR1508 now...gonna give it a try on the obx in a couple weeks. Thinking it'll be a great drum stick.

Building an SUR1508 now...gonna give it a try on the <acronym title="Outer Banks"><acronym title="Outer Banks"><acronym title="Outer Banks">obx</acronym></acronym></acronym> in a couple weeks. Thinking it'll be a great drum stick.

Thanks Steve Z, does it feel like it can handle 8n bait? I see it is rated 5-10oz coming in at 15oz for the blank not bad.

Where did you purchase your blank?

i am curious as well, have even seen one of these new blanks yet.