13 posts in this topic

nice fish, shame it had to die

I guess what's confusing to me is that there are no regulations on them in VA! I know there are few and far between caught and we are at the northern end of their territory, but why no put a reg in place just in case one was caught!

Edited by Dixie719

sometimes they just die during the fight but it sounded to me like it was alive and they made the decision to kill it. if it was a record, a near record, or have any food value I wouldnt care about it. but I dont like it when people kill fish that are not food fish or that small. I guess he thought it was bigger, someone did say in the video "it's 150 lbs." someone needs to take a fish size estimating class. he should know that you dont just wave a 150 lb. fish around like its nothing.

Edited by Pier_man0909

At first it looked really small, like maybe 40-50 lbs. How in the blazes can those two Einsteins come up with 150??????

Imagine how embarrassed he was when he took it in to be weighed and realized he didn't have anything except a dead fish to dispose of.

Still, nice catch for the area, bet it was fun. Too bad it was dark, they would have seen a nice aerial show....

a tarpon is a nice catch indeed that dont happen very often, on the other hand the more elusive and very rare keeper flounder were boated yesterday too. went home with a 20 22 and a 19 ......

Just got some confirmation a second Tarpon was landed at LIP on Sunday afternoon around 2pm.

Report is this fish was bigger than the first tarpon and released!

I can only imagine the frenzy happening right now at the end of the pier as it is small to begin with!:boxing::3some::boxing:

Just got some confirmation a second Tarpon was landed at LIP on Sunday afternoon around 2pm.

Report is this fish was bigger than the first tarpon and released!

I heard they never landed it but lost it at the side of the pier.

that was on the same day ? a second one ?

Another Tarpon hooked and lost yesterday at LIP.....was on a a few seconds I hear!

Never the less, they are swimming by on the way to the Eastern shore right now!

they are everywhere. not in any numbers, but nags head pier apparenty lost 2 in the last 2 days. the full moon has them hungry. I actually think I am gonna try to get one in august.

I'm headed to Back Bay in the morning which is a mile or two south of the pier and see what happens!

Got a few eels, freah cob mullet, fresh spot and catch me a fresh blue or two I hope. Made a homemade float rig tonight I'm gonna try to get out there at the start of the outgoing and see what happens!

I'll give a report back tomorrow...Think they got some more King Mack's today at LIP!