3 posts in this topic

Hamish, Bobby, Ashton and I headed out in search of Sea Bass at the Triangles and other near by wrecks. We left Rudee at 0600 after getting live bait from buddy boat “Carolina Medley” and headed to the NE corner of the Triangle reef area. Fishing was a bit slow and we pondered the thought of pushing further out but the wind and swell seemed as if it would have made for a bumpy ride and with Bertha drawing nearer we decided to stay put. We picked over at least 10 pieces of wreckage, found the Bass were scattered and we actually found our nicer fish closer to shore. We ended up the day catching at least 80 Bass and keeping close to thirty fish averaging 14-16”. Saw a few four foot sharks circling our boat, a few turtles, a Sunfish and a 50 pound class Cobia came to look us over, we tried to pitch a bait to him but we were not 100% ready for that surprise so we ended up just watching him.

There was a lot of current today and the wind was working with it so it made fishing a bit difficult had to use 12 oz. of lead minimum to stay on the bottom. Most of the fish came on squid but that is only because that’s what we had the most of. Fresh fillets of Spot from the live well produced the biggest fish by far. Only one short Flounder today.

GREAT day on the water!!! Thanks again to Hamish, Bobby and Ashton!!!

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

Thanks for the report. Man, great pictures!

I would love to see a big cobia soon...

I don't know how it's been in VA this year, but here in OC, the Cbassin' has been TOUGH!! I don't know if it's the cooler water temps this year, overfishing, or what, but we haven't been seeing nearly the numbers that we're used to.

Oh well....at least the tuna bite's been decent :)