Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sam

Rockfish Recipe?

12 posts in this topic

How do you all cook your rockfish? I like to bake the fillets in crushed tomatoes, green peppers, onions, salt & pepper and put on white rice when finished. Excellent.

Bake it and top with some salt, pepper, olive oil and onions. When done I top it off with tomato, corn and bean salsa. Taste great and adds an excellent presentation,,,yummy.

Man, I eat 'um raw!

Scales and all!

For those of you that cook it:

A little butter and lemon, red pepper and um-yum, seal in foil and throw in in the coals!

We need to do a fish bake!!!!

lets do it guys! Who's gonna catch the fish? :D

I hear Super Fresh has a sale on fish. :lol:

As for me, I can't do it on weekends, they're my normal work days.

I can do it any other day of the week with some notice and Tue-Wed on very short notice. To gear up and get there takes me all of 4 hrs maybe 4.5.

I elected to work weekends based solely on fishing. Less crowds during the week. Geez, Am I hooked er whut?

My idea....

When the catch starts getting good, plan a bake for a week later.

But let's post it in the announcements for all to join in.

Steve, I like the sound of that :D .

Scott????

You like raw fish too???

:shock::lol:

YUCK!!!!!

:roll:

We need to do a fish bake!!!!

Steve, I like the sound of the fish bake :D .

Pass on the raw fish unless you have fresh tuna. Just sear it on the outside and raw in the inside,,,Deeeelicous!

For Rock and Trout, in a deep baking dish. I place rock filets skin side down in the center of the dish. Place cut potatoes, carrots and onion around the sides of the dish.season lightly with salt and pepper. in separate bowl, I mix 1 tbsp. melted butter, 1 can tomoatoes, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 crushed garlic clove. Pour this mixture over fish and veg's. Then place strips of bacon on top of the fish. Bake at 350 for 45-1 hour depending on size of fish. Enjoy !!!

Kelley, that sound pretty good. I have never heard that one before. I wonder if you could use those small red potatoes?

Broiled Rockfish Cakes

by Roberta ("Bobber") Nowell

Ingredients:

1 pound shredded cooked rockfish

1 large egg

1/4 to 1/2 cup of mayonnaise

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

Rockfish Preparation (Foil Steamed):

Remove skin and all dark meat, then place filets in foil packet

Drizzle with fresh lemon juice

Lightly salt and pepper

Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of basil over filets

Seal packet tightly-cook 425 degrees for about 20 minutes.

Cooking time will vary with thickness of filets. Fish should flake easily.

Mix all ingredients together, excluding rockfish, with whisk. Add rockfish to dressing mixture. Put covered mixture in refrigerator for about 1 hour. After 1 hour, form cakes with mixture and return to refrigerator for about 1/2 hour.

Lightly spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place cakes on cookie sheet and place under broiler at low temperature until they are beautifully browned. Flip, and do the same for other side. There is no filler in these cakes, it is just pure delicious rockfish.

To make the deluxe rockfish sandwich pictured, place two pieces of crisp bacon on top of rockfish cake, drizzle with creamy ranch dressing, and top with sliced summer tomatoes and lettuce.

recipe_cakes-1.jpg

Well, I did it. I cooked the above rockfish cakes and they were AWESOME! I might change a few things like adding some breadcrumbs before broiling or even frying them in olive oil. Very tasty. I would like to thank Jeff (Fish-aholic) for the fillets. Very cool, man.