12 posts in this topic

Slow, slow, slow!

Fished the outgoing from 9am till 1pm and only a small spot to show. Cut him in half and managed a skate from each piece.

Wind was wrong from the West and SW and some scattered grass in the mix as well.

:angry4::angry4::angry4:Insult to injury, I busted a guide on my 1502 and my 9ft CTS as I was closing my rod holders on top of the car!:angry4::angry4::angry4:

To top it off (no pun intended) my tip on my CTS heaver came off, but luckily I noticed it before I casted it. Couple drops of Krazy Glue (emergency stash) and it was ready to go again!

Looks like I'll be paying a visit to my rod builder this week for some follow up repairs/business!

Just one of those days I guess!

Tough day there eh :fart:

Yeah I need to stop by Ronnie's too as he finished building an old traditional Hatteras lami heaver surf rod for a fishing buddy of mine :icon_pidu:

Heres to better days ahead and at least ya weren't working :bootyshake:

:brave:`bucket

THX 4 da fishin' report.

I fished Dam Neck too Friday, from the back side. Launched the boat at Mill Landing Rd and came across Back Bay, up Hells Point creek into Lake Techumsa and caught channel cats like crazy up to 5 pounds- kept 3 for supper

Ronnie the rod builder of yours stops by the tackle shop every Tuesday.....so should you both Beotches !

RACN

Sorry Dixie jumping on your thread, I know you(RACN) fish for cats often and I do as well once in awhile, I have found cut bluefish works best for me out of that lake, and the channels are always 6 pounds and up, and thats from the beach by the little pier, just thought Id pass that along....geo

Thanx for the heads up Geo - That little pier is no more, its rotted out so bad that security has blocked it off. The little beach you speak of I know oh so well, I have launched there 34,872 times with my Jon boat too. I have walked all the way across the lake several times as well and seen the whole place bone dry more times than I can remember.....first time I ever fished there was 1981 - yea I been there a few times !

PS> I fshed it when there was NO Ocean Lakes Housing or even a Dam Neck road !

RACN,

Cool beans, Ive been fishing there since 88' and I live in Ocean Lakes now. Those woods to the left of the lake I hunt every year area 24, lots of deer in there, theres a nice 8 point that I spotted last year in there and I seen him in velvet this year he should be nice, hopefully Ill be able to sling a 100g muzzy at him, lots of deer on damneck just got to tip toe thru the snakes early in the season.............geo

PS> I fshed it when there was NO Ocean Lakes Housing or even a Dam Neck road !

Showing your age J!:bootyshake:

Thats not ALL I will show you shamgif-1.jpg.......Every one already knows I was born in 1941 ok teeny bopper.

Geo I wont be hunting any deer this year, theres is no room in my freezer.Along with the packs of striper,catfish,flounder and spade fish, I just added 8 more packs of trigger fish and spanish mac's last week- I have so much ground venision and deer sausage I dont know what to do with it all. I wish Dixie would remind me to give him some when he stops by next time.

I'll be sure to remind you when I'm there next time. :eusa_drool::eusa_drool:

RACN,

I wish I had your problems. Damn 1941? What psi are you running on your Rascal Scooter tires when your fishing the beach??:happy7: geo

I have the Hover-round surf model- you know the one on TV that they show them two old hags out on the grand canyon with, mine has beach tires on it tho, so its easy for Dixie to push me around - he still makes fun of me tho when I fallout and cant get up

surfsup_new-1.jpg

HA HA, good on, you still make him bait yur hook????