16 posts in this topic

alright, here is a sissy topic but one that I would like to get some feedback,,,generally we fish with the smelliest, stinkiest, slimiest bait around, Bunker,,,the longer it sits in the cooler the worse it smells on your hands,,,what do you guys do to get the crap off and whats the best solution to the smell,,,lemons seem to work for me and my wife has some crap that has like sand and soap mixture that gets into the dry cracks in your hands where that slimy bunker can get into,,,and then there is the mystery bunker stuff that gets under your finger nails.

Gasoline LOL, no its not that bad. I typically find dishsoap (dawn, joy etc) works pretty well, especially the ones with the citrus scent. If it still isn't gone, try scrubbing your hands with some lemon juice as well....

Yes - the baid smells bad, but its all relative.

Anyone else go fishing for catfish with rancid chicken livers????? :mrgreen: Now that's tasty!

well, I use alot of "cut-bait" when fishing from my boat and I don't have a wash-down system on it but do carry my Big Kahuna portable shower wth me 8)

now last week I fished the surf @ AI and used my B/K to wash-off my hands, bait knife, hooks and weights and rods and reels when I was done fishing. in addition to that, Barb has some Avon stuff in the console that was cheap and works great at removing smells but the excact name escapes me att.

I know this might look-like spam but 5% of the profitts go-to the Billfish Foundation and members get 10% off the list price :)

www.bigkahunashowers.com

Toothpaste works well, but I find that rubbing a stainless steel pot or pan under running water works the best.

:ontopic: :wink:

It seriously is the smelliest bait I've ever used. It takes at least 24 hours for me to get it completely off my hands. I mainly use Dawn dish soap and a fingernail scrubber. Its the worst when I come home really late and am exhausted. I try to go to bed and promptly get the boot to the couch... Even after I've showered and really cleaned up. I think your skin cells just need to replace themselves...

We need to be a bit more respectful of the finer gender on this forum.

We need to be a bit more respectful of the finer gender on this forum.

Sorry ladies.... :oops: (smiley gettin a spankin)

Sounds wierd but toothpaste works and so does mouthwash. Like scope or something. Also lemon juice and salt. The salt burns a little but helps to get into the little cracks and stuff.

Ya know, I gotta' go with the toothpaste.

It's a gel that provides 100% coverage, contains a light abrasive and packs a big batch of good smells.

No Jake, that doesn't sound weird at all....

But I don't have that problem.

I cut a bunch of bait in advance and wash my hands after baiting each time.

That way I don't get it all over my clothes and on my upholstery.

I'm not "blessed" with the after smell of bait either.

And, also important....

My chicken doesn't taste like fish!

My chicken doesn't taste like fish!

I eat more chicken any man ever seen..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ya all know who said that :?: