18 posts in this topic

Reports are that the water has warmed up pretty nicely and the larger toothy critters are being caught.

Get out there and enjoy the sand.

Let us all know how you did, catch or no catch.

I hit the beach with Dave last night and caught all the kings you could want. As I was about to leave, I see a little tapping on a kingfish head and as soon as I got about 2 feet away, she started pulling line. After about 20 minutes, we landed a nice sand tiger around 6.5 - 7' with a successful release. I was very surprised to see how small a 10/0 Circle hook looks compared to the size of the sharks mouth. :confused3:

Ever since I have switched to the circles, I haven't had any problems with gut hooking the big sharks. Much easier on the fish and also on my wallet!

Another beautiful night on the sand.

Also headed out tonight with Carrie and Samantha for a little get to gether with Dave, Tonya and their friends. Samantha had a great time playing in the sand with Tonya (who has a lot of patience I might add) :icon_pai:

Caught a few kings and Dave caught a few decent sandbars.

Things are looking up!

beautiful night on the beach, had two sandbars in the 3 foot range while Sam was there, About an hour after Sam left, I had a good run. Landed a 4 footer Sandbar around 11 pm. Great sign of things to come. Also landed kings all evening on squid. All sandbars were taken on king chunks. I am glad to say I am back in my groove. That will bring my total to 5 sandbars and one sandtiger for the last three weeks. by the way Sam the wife loves playing with Samantha. I also have a few items of yours ,you and Samantha left behind.

Edited by Dave

The Rock are hitting very well livelining, gone twice now 6/23 and 7/2 (which was my anniversary, and yes I caught some grief). Both times we were in around 40 ft of water on a channel edge and the fish got so thick under us my sounder was reading 19.6 water depth and they would hit as soon as you dropped, it was a blast!! and we have limited out both times. pic is from the 23rd, I don't always take pics, I guess I should.

5852a52540be6_FISHINGETC_010.jpg.d5c60ff

Nice job! Thanks for the report and picture.

Went out in the bay off Love Point on 7/3. Had our limit in about 1.5 hours, on the incoming tide. We were chumming/chunking. Only got bit 6 times, but caught all 6. The smallest being 21" the largest was 26". Unfortunately I didn't bring the camera, so no pictures of this trip. The 26" fish was covered with sores towards the tail on one side, so I lost that meat, but the rest was fine and mighty tasty on the 4th.:evil6:

Sucks to see a fish with sores but all in all sounds like a great trip.:icon_thumright:

I'll be out tomorrow and friday with the wife and the gear(of course) all day both days. Stop by if you get a chance and let's meet. Look for a Tan/gold Tacoma 4 door. I should have 3 rods out.:cool:

if the rain stops, I will be out in the afternoon on Thursday.

I'll look for you! I have a blue Jeep Liberty with a ski rack on top. It will be me and fishin'grl422.

Change of PLANs!!! THAT FAST!!!Now it's to humid(it is really thick this morning) so I'm going to splash the Mako later this afternoon/evening and try some drifts at the inlet(got to check the tides). Be on the beach early Friday.

Very cool! Let us know how you make out!

Hi guys....been a long time since I filed a fishing report. I'd have to rate AI as fairly good yesterday. We had several kingfish...although most were on the small side....5 flounder...one was 18in...a small shark and three horseshoe crabs....caught not snagged. I think there was a skate in there as well. About the time we were going to start packing it in a ranger drove up and said we had to move north as the piping plover detour was overwashing. Had to run out of bounds a few times coming up as the tide was forming pools in the tracks. Since my brother in law may read this post I must confess that I only caught the larger kingfish...13in....in the pic below. Also, the kings were loaded with roe.

kigsandflounder.jpg.cebe830cc2f83a18df46

Very nice fish from the surf! Do you mind telling what set up you were using for the flounder?

Yeah, I got all excited when the kings first arrived and took about a dozen between my dad and I. Got home and cleaned them and found roe in every one. Now I just keep a few until I know they have spawned out.

Fished last night for a couple hours and only a doggie and malaria to show for it. Had two small runs which pretty much at the same time, probably something swimming into my lines as bait was untouched.

Water seemed pretty cool for this time of year, Slight south-east wind.

Jim, check your lines for nicks and abrasions. It was probably a sand tiger and they can screw up your lines in a hurry.

..Swimmin around with that big, old, mouth full of... Wait, I don't want to scare anyone. :icon_pirat:

Hey All, I headed out yesterday from 6 am to around 1pm. I got a small flounder and a horseshoe crab. Thats it. The horseshoe crab wasn't a snag, it actually swallowed squid and hook. Pretty quiet out there for me, most of my bait was untouched. I did have a bad bout of sea grass for a couple hours. Overall, looking forward to getting out there again asap, nothing lets you forget a less than favorable fishing trip as a good one. It was a beautiful day though, the water was great. Not much fish, but a cold one in the sun watching the world go by on AI is always worth it.

Edited by l8vceagle

Hit Ai saturday and sunday eve, crowded as usuall for the weekends and not much to report except that besides the waves being a little larger than usual had no problem holding with 6 on sat and 8 on sunday. Saturday all I caught was a few kings after dark and as for sunday had one nice bluefish around 18-19 inches and a couple small kings. As for shark, I have no idea where they are right now but they werent by me. My bait went untouched. over 20 hours of fishin and not much to show.on the plus side the water temps feel warmer so the bigger shark should not be to far behind.