8 posts in this topic

Fished 3R's from about 7pm until 11pm. Caught 3 kingfish on the first couple of hours of the outgoing tide then it became skate and smooth puppy fest. (they werent big enough to be called doggies)

Thanks for the report! At least you got fish bites and not fly bites. Or did ya get a few of those too?

DMS #525

OBPA

No problem with the flies at 3R's but Assateague made up for it July 1st. Second worst fly problem I have ever seen. Kingfish bite was great the last two days but around 5pm yesterday the flies kept us jailed in the screen house. Got so bad we started a campfire INSIDE the screen house to drive some of them away, looked at the side of the screen house where they had gathered and they were gone. Turned around and saw all they did was move to the upwind side and there were so many it looked like an eclipse in the screen house.

had the same invasion on 3r's the day that I caught the ST.......

The only way to keep them form eating you alive was to wear sweatshirt and sweatpants......

When it is 93 degrees this makes for a nasty time.......

I don't think there is anything worse! There is a place for all creatures...just not on me!

BTW, great fish ben!

DMS #525

OBPA

go to dicks, cabelas, BPS, gander mtn, etc and pick up a pair of convertible pants. 9 times out of 10 when I'm on AI thats what I'm wearing. I have 3 pairs they are lightweight, repel minor water, dry quick when completely drenched and keep the flies off my legs. They breathe very good. I show up during the summer wearing them as shorts, and if the flies of mosquitos are bad then I just zip on the legs. I typically don't have an issue with flies on my arms (probably because I move around so much) But thats my solution....you should check out a pair....very nice...good ones aren't cheap, but they'll save your day of fishing..

I use the Dicks PGS pants, very comfortable and cheap!

go to dicks, cabelas, BPS, gander mtn, etc and pick up a pair of convertible pants. 9 times out of 10 when I'm on Assateague Island thats what I'm wearing. I have 3 pairs they are lightweight, repel minor water, dry quick when completely drenched and keep the flies off my legs. They breathe very good. I show up during the summer wearing them as shorts, and if the flies of mosquitos are bad then I just zip on the legs. I typically don't have an issue with flies on my arms (probably because I move around so much) But thats my solution....you should check out a pair....very nice...good ones aren't cheap, but they'll save your day of fishing..

Yeppers! A pair of those and a 3/4 sleeved light fishing shirt and usually not much of a problem. Got tired of wading out up to my chest to fish lol

DMS #525

OBPA