ocsnapper

Summer Fling 2008 - Cancelled

40 posts in this topic

woohoo.. i'm so excited already!!! Was really worried we'd miss it this year because of the wedding... but glad to see we won't

I should be able to make it!

Gonna drag Bucket or Sea2aes with me if I can!

Currently in negotiations with my wife (:boxing:).....will report back when its all over

Pattie and I should be there, and by the way Dave Great food at the bar Monday Night we really enjoyed that and seeing you again.

Thanks

George & Pattie:icon_pidu:

Ryan and I will be there! We will be down from the 17th or so till the 27th.

Any chance this could be close to the top end? I hate to bother people for rides, no problem to walk in a mile or so. Our group is not really that big anyway....

Just asking.

Prolly not Phil, NPS wants larger groups down further. Especially for what we target. They know full well what we are doing.

But ya know, I can't figure why they think Flounder are dangerous... :D

I'm really hoping to be able to make it this year....Haven't made a fling since the very first spring fling.....My cousin from canada will be in town the week before, so I'm hoping that he'll still be around and be able to head on out and join us too.

But ya know, I can't figure why they think Flounder are dangerous... :D

LMAO!!!

Phil, rides are not a problem, there's plenty of folks here, myself included, willing to taxi.

LMAO!!!

Phil, rides are not a problem, there's plenty of folks here, myself included, willing to taxi.

ya just tip the driver a beer and he will take you anywhere. :hello:

Not this year for me. It's my turn to watch out for bad guys and help keep ya'll safe out there playing in the sand and water.

:icon_salut:

May the water be flat and warm for ya'll, enjoy!

Attention: Due to the recent piping plover nesting, beach closures and other reasons, I must officially cancel this years Summer Fling on Assateague Island OSV.

This does not mean you can't gather and fish, but it can not be endorsed by AtlanticAnglers.com.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

:( Well I'll still be around somewhere....not only was it the fling, but my cousin from canada will be on vacation At Eagles Nest (whatever the new name of it is) If we can't get out on the beach, we'll probably just be at the walkover yakking baits out past the swimmers.

Completely understandable, figured it was headed that way with plovers setteling in!

Ah hellsbells, what will I ever do with all the mako steaks and mahi fillets I have set aside for the fling.

Nothing will stop a few folks from eating them with you out there. :D

Ok. Big deal, so it's not an official AA Fling. Who's going anyway? I'm still in.

I ll be there got the day off and that was not easy to do so I will be going.

Well then, I know where I'm hanging out, lol.

we'll be heading out on the 26th as well - with 50lbs of bunker for bait - Jimmy posted something in the "join me on a fishing trip" forum - hope to see more of you out there

btw - anyone bringing a kayak - i'd like to try one out to see if i'm coordinated enough to do it before we buy one - pm me and let me know !! thanks

Mine will be SOMEWHERE on the island :) I'm worried about wait lines to get out on the beach though....I'm afraid I might have to do the walkover...I'm gonna shoot to be out there early enough in the morning though that it isn't a problem.