6 posts in this topic

I hooked two fat hardhead yesterday evening while perch fishing on the lower Wicomico . Both fish were caught on bloodworms and measured 18" . I also got spooled by a huge rock . It hit a bloodworm on a double bottom rig with a #4 snelled Eagle Claw . I was using a 6' medium heavy Ugly Stick Lite with a Shimano Sahara 2500 loaded with a top shot of 20lb Sufix Braid . The fish hit only 20 yards from the pier and came to the surface and flopped it's tail . I would have to guesstimate at 50+ inches and at least 45 lbs ! It then proceded to take me all the way down til I could see the 10 lb backing mono . I finally gained a little ground when she just took off and the hook pulled out . I reeled in the rig and the hook was still there ! It is the largest fish I've ever hooked in that river on such light tackle . I took a buddy of mine down there this evening and we managed 12 or 13 keeper perch and must have caught at least 15 stripers up to 24" . Every rock we caught was a male and fat like a big football . When the tide was slack and it was dark we left and headed home .

herd the same thing from a friend fishing in the nanticoke. couldnt keep the rock off his hooks while looking for perch

herd the same thing from a friend fishing in the nanticoke. couldnt keep the rock off his hooks while looking for perch

8) ,,,man, I wish I could say "couldnt keep the rock off while looking for skates and doggies" :) ,,,sounds like the stripers are running good :) .

8) ,,,man, I wish I could say "couldnt keep the rock off while looking for skates and doggies" :) ,,,sounds like the stripers are running good :) .

yeah, only thing is, you dont have the option of keeping them there if you wanna, they all ahfta go back until june 1st.

oh and dont even try using cut herring for catfish, it is legal, but the cat will not get a chance to take it

The fish hit only 20 yards from the pier and came to the surface and flopped it's tail . I would have to guesstimate at 50+ inches and at least 45 lbs ! It then proceded to take me all the way down til I could see the 10 lb backing mono . I finally gained a little ground when she just took off and the hook pulled out . I reeled in the rig and the hook was still there ! It is the largest fish I've ever hooked in that river on such light tackle ..

Bet ya wont forget that tussle for a nice long while...Nice report... 8)

yeah, another nice report from seabass 8) good job :up:

and that avatar is some funny chit :lol: