3 posts in this topic

Went surf fishing yesterday just south of South Bethany by my house. Caught one ray that was about 80 lbs. Saw one guy catch a small stingray and a small kingfish. Pretty slow other than that. Winds were blowing about 10 knots out of the southeast. Where are the sharks?

I went out sharking on my boat off of 3 R's twice last week. On tuesday we got 3 large dogfish, a flounder, a kingfish, a few rays, and more baby dogfish than we cared to haul in. Thursday brought only a few rays and more baby dogfish. Where are all of the sandbar, dusky, and sand tiger? Not warm enough yet?

Went surf fishing yesterday just south of South Bethany by my house. Caught one ray that was about 80 lbs. Saw one guy catch a small stingray and a small kingfish. Pretty slow other than that. Winds were blowing about 10 knots out of the southeast. Where are the sharks?

I went out sharking on my boat off of 3 R's twice last week. On tuesday we got 3 large dogfish, a flounder, a kingfish, a few rays, and more baby dogfish than we cared to haul in. Thursday brought only a few rays and more baby dogfish. Where are all of the sandbar, dusky, and sand tiger? Not warm enough yet?

There have been some sand tigers caught in the surf this year already, small sand bars have been a common occurrence as well. The larger ones are right around the corner!! keep trying

Don't overlook the taste of the dogfish, I hear they are quite tasty. Either the smooth or the spiny, don't remember which one.

The normal time for the larger toothy critters is early July through sometimes late September. These times vary every year one way or the other. Should be a good year for 'em though.