8 posts in this topic

The reason I'm asking is I'm headed that way next weekend . Girlfriend has some friends there and they're having a little bluegrass hoedown . Wandering if I should bring the boat along ? They live in Sanford and said there is a ramp very close by . Thanks ahead of time .

Born and raised there what do you need to know about Saxis

Man!! Talk about a low income area! You can get a house for 60k too.

You can prolly toss a line in anywhere along the shore and get the same stuff anywhere. I haven't been there so I can't pick a particular spot. I'd just do a little tour and hit a few spots with different baits.

Born and raised there what do you need to know about Saxis

Same here, Dep243 and I grow up together. Just let one of us know what info you need, and yes saxis has a very nice boat ramp.

Thanks for the info guys . I didn't make it down there yet but most likely will sometime this weekend . I'll post a report iffen' I catch anything .:icon_salut:

Never made it down there but will be going tomorrow early AM .If I launch the boat in Saxis , where should I head to ? I won't have too much time before I have to head back in and join the festivities . I'd like to come back with something for the grill . I'm sure the Hardhead are still pretty thick . Any spot to be had ? I'd like to catch a few for the live well and maybe drift for flat ones . Thanks ahead of time for any input .

let me know if you went or are still going

Made it down but only got to fish for a few hours on Saturday . It seemed like the bottom was paved with croaker . My wife and I kept ten very nice ones and cooked them on the grill at the party we attended . We fished in the bird rock area . I want to get back down there soon when I have more time for exploring the area . I normally fish the upper Tangier Sound area as I live in Salisbury . I'm still scratching a multitude of bug bites ! They were really bad .