7 posts in this topic

Hello to everyone,

I will be working here in the Richmond area for about six months and used to doing a lot of fishing. My home is back in Tallahassee Florida where I spend a lot of time on the flats. Down there I ether fish from my Action Craft or wade fish. I'm looking for areas to wade fish or just fishing from the hill. I'm not looking for honey holes, just public areas where one can kill a few hours with a chance of getting his line streached.

Thanks to all, Ty one on

Mainly salt, but will fish freshwater also. The drive is not a problem.

You've got plenty of options for fishing, wading however is a different story. I'm sure some of the VA Beach/Norfolk guys will jump in and tell you about there....The only real wading spots I know are freshwater...you can wade the upper areas of the Rappahannock, Rapidan, Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers for Smallmouth and Others....You can also head west a little and wade fish any of the Stocked trout streams.

technically....you can NOT wade anywhere in Lynnhaven inlet. You will get a ticket if the cops see you. Striper season is closed until Oct 4th, but you can catch & release

Piers:

• Ocean View Pier
  • Lynnhaven Pier
  • Virginia Beach Pier
  • Little Island Pier
  • James River Pier

Sand:

• Willoughby Spit
  • Ocean View Beaches
  • Grandview Nature Preserve
  • Chix Beach
  • Lynnhaven Inlet