Guest mdram

no fishing here for a while

6 posts in this topic

thats is just so sad:angry3: well atleast on the eastern shore it's reported, I cant tell you how many spills go un-reported(to the public) over here:@:

only beacuse they are in the middle of an 80million dollar upgrade

I heard that today's spill didn't contaminate the river at all. I heard it was contained within the confines of the plant. Unless that is yet another spill I am thinking about.

<script language="JavaScript">OAS_AD('ArticleFlex_1');</script><script style="display: none;" language="javascript1.1" src="http://gannett.gcion.com/addyn/3.0/5111.1/133600/0/0/ADTECH;alias=md-salisbury.delmarvanow.com/news/article.htm_ArticleFlex_1;cookie=info;loc=100;target=_blank;grp=58759;misc=1213901995217"></script> According to a news release from the City of Salisbury, about 48,140 gallons overflowed onto an adjacent street within the plant between 1 a.m. and 4:26 a.m. An additional 35,000 gallons of additional wastewater present in the area of the overflow was pumped to a nearby treatment tank and did not reach the street.

sooo it didtn say it dint get to the river, and didtn say it was contained. the plant is right on the river, it probly got into the storm drain and to the river from there, waiting on more info, but they city is so embarrased its not going to say much more

I agree, the article i read was off wboc's website and it was hard to follow what was actually going on. I closely read the article again and from what I understand they had a leak and contained 1/2 of it and the other 1/2 went to no-where land (ie the river)

<script language="JavaScript">OAS_AD('ArticleFlex_1');</script><script style="display: none;" language="javascript1.1" src="http://gannett.gcion.com/addyn/3.0/5111.1/133600/0/0/ADTECH;alias=md-salisbury.delmarvanow.com/news/article.htm_ArticleFlex_1;cookie=info;loc=100;target=_blank;grp=58759;misc=1213901995217"></script> According to a news release from the City of Salisbury, about 48,140 gallons overflowed onto an adjacent street within the plant between 1 a.m. and 4:26 a.m. An additional 35,000 gallons of additional wastewater present in the area of the overflow was pumped to a nearby treatment tank and did not reach the street.

sooo it didtn say it dint get to the river, and didtn say it was contained. the plant is right on the river, it probly got into the storm drain and to the river from there, waiting on more info, but they city is so embarrased its not going to say much more

Hmmm, and that's in addition to the nitrogen runoff from the fields.