8 posts in this topic

I have been catching alot of white perch at woodland and its always late night fishing so the only bait I can get is blood worms, so will blue fish or stripper bite on white perch? also for the last 4 trips I put one rod with blood worms and one rod with fish bites blood worms and not even a the slightest tic on the fish bites, nor the gulp. any one else have the same resaults??

I have had great success with fishbites (bloodworm alternative)

I never really had much luck with cut up white perch, but thats just me. I think if you can catch some small ones and live line them the stripers would be all over it.

If I were you I would be trying for spot, that stuff is like candy to stripers, and this time of year you can usually get it pretty much anywhere on fishbites and sabiki rigs (cut to 2 hook to stay legal in Maryland)

Bluefish will eat just about anything!

I never had any luck with perch either. FB worms work best in warm water. Gulp is very overrated as far as I am concerned. I have only caught fish on GULP in very clear water.

Gulp work! No doubt about it. But you gotta be jigging with it and moving it. The swimming mullet,shrimp and etc is great stuff.

now the gulp bloodworm,fleas,crabs and cut bait replica's are junk in my opinion I never even got a nibble on them.

how do you fish sabiki rigs?

Throw a weight on the end, drop it off the pier or boat then jig it vertically OR Throw a weight on the end, cast it out and horizontally jig it back to you.

you can also put small bit of bloodworm alternative on each of the fly/hooks

As everyone said, Fishbites(bloodworm) seem to work very well once the water temp is 68+. Kingfish, Spot/Croakers seem to be the regular catch. Squid helped me pull in a 12" sea trout. Mullet generally brings Blues, Skates, Sharks in my experience