4 posts in this topic

KnockDown and his brother joined me for an offshore trip Sunday. First surprise of the day was the boat ran great. Second surprise happened about 18 miles offshore trolling hoochies for bluefish to use as shark bait. About 5 minutes after we started trolling had a hookup, KnockDowns brother who was on his first offshore trip was on the rod commenting that the fish was really strong, we were razzing him about it only being "bait". I reached out and grabbed the leader to swing a bluefish in the boat and glanced down and lo and behold there was a bluefin tuna on the line, I yelled for the gaff and we boated the tuna, not a bad start as it wasnt yet 7am. We shark fished for about 4 hours, watching a half dozen of them circling the boat but none would bite then started trolling again. As we were getting ready to pull the rods in at 4pm to head home another bluefin smacked a couple of baits then slammed the green machine behind a spreader bar. Not a bad day of fishing at all, Two bluefin tuna, two chopper bluefish and met a couple good guys.

The best fish are always the ones you don't expect.

thanks again for taking me fishing. have been busy with work had not had a chance to post. you forgot about the lost gaff and not being able to keep that one chum bucket tied.......lol well thanks again hopefully my boat will be done this weekend.