16 posts in this topic

I have some neoprene waders that I use for colder weather but now I need something for when it is not so cold. Anything above 50 degrees I am sweating bullets in my neoprene waders. I am comming down this weekend and need to buy a lighter set. Thanks.

yeah, me too as I dont have any :| where is the guy on here(surfbass?) that works for Gander Mtn :?: maybe we could do a "group purchase" or something along those lines.

Look for White river? waders they are very light. I use them year around and they have worked out fine. You might find them at Bass Pro or other stores...

I also need a pair for the surf - all i have are stocking foot (both neoprene and breathable) but the sand gets in my wading shoes and wears on the material - I want some cheap bootfoots to use in the surf and not worry about!

thats 3 sets and if I remember correctly, didn't someone else just have a blow-out a few weeks ago :?:

well, if I dont get a pair before the weekend, I'll just bring some "duck-tape" and tape my yellow rain pants to my rubber boots :lol:

thats 3 sets and if I remember correctly, didn't someone else just have a blow-out a few weeks ago :?:

:?::oops:

white river :up: very light and great for the winter too,,,just add layers.

Thanks for the help. :D Looks like White River it is. Maybe a trip to Bass Pro is in order before heading down this weekend.

ive got a set from cabelas that has lace up bootfoot, so far so good

Thanks for the help. :D Looks like White River it is. Maybe a trip to Bass Pro is in order before heading down this weekend.

you guys are going to force my hand and make-me go-to BPS tonight :wallb:

:cry: I'll be damn luckie to come outta' there wth just a pair of waders :censored:

If it's not to cold reguler socks will do but in the winter nice wool socks are a must. I will wear one reg. sock and a heavy wool sock as well. that and long jonhs and your go to go...blocks the wind so wind factor is not much.

If all i have are neoprene stocking foots and breathable stocking foots- along with a pair of feltsoled wading boots (All of this i use for trout fishing here in PA), do you think there's a possibility I could survive without waders on the 21st? Or Should I just plan to use my stockingfoots and deal with sand in the toes all day :evil:

When i went down in late march, i used the neoprenes and dealt with the sand in the toes, but hated it (no option when it was 40 degrees!). Will 60 degrees air/50 water be bearable at the fling? I just worry about the effects of the sand on the stockingfoots and not sure i'll be able to get some bootfoots (both due to cost and time) before then....

Am I crazy to try it without??? I've never fished the surf in the spring before, so I apologize for the silly question...

I try not to get wet. Hated those neoprene waders,"nut sweaters" as I called em. :lol: so now I just go without waders and take plenty of spare socks and extra boots...Those white river seem like a pretty cool option... got plenty of wool socks too... :)