4 posts in this topic

Well we went out to Great Country Farms today for their father's day fish-o-rama. It was a great day. Plenty of fish were caught (ponds on the property are C&R only. First fish of the day my 10 year old hooked into a 27" Catfish. I had to hop the fence, as we tried to pull the fish up on the bank the line snapped....Super dad to the rescue, in the water I go, reached down and grabbed it then tossed it up on the bank. We had it measured for the contest and immediately went into first place. There was a small corner near us where the pond was fed, I started using mealworms and boom, nailed a nice largemouth (as well as a ton of bluegill) I cast out a few minutes later and the bobber goes under very slowly. I set the hook and the fight was on. a few min later I drug the fish down to where my 10 year old caught hers and hopped the fence. 29" Catfish on the bank. Unfortunately between the two fish some idiot decided to cast at a carp swimming by to snag it and managed to hook it. 35" Carp was the 1st place fish at the time we left. Oh my brother got my niece hooked up on a nice little bluegill on her barbie rod.

Anja_fish_small.jpg.589270ef54a4da03edb1

Catfish1_small.jpg.cf5475bf247f1484814fb

catfish2_small.jpg.355ea848ecd885c941df1

Largemouth_small.jpg.0c98888732b22338bb3

goose_small.jpg.e67a46f1bfa1105321dfd791

That swan looks like he is ready to rip someone's head off.

Nice pics!

A Barbie rod, hmmm, maybe I should throw out my Penns....

Looks like a nice pond. Ya'll had a good time, great!!!

Jeff, very cool picture of the baby with the fish. My daughter is sitting here with me and thought it was great. :angel1: