12 posts in this topic

How was the fishing this wknd. I should have gone w/you all, I'm sure it was better then staying in this hell hole.

Thats so funny that you say that... as we were driving to AI Saturday night (if your ears were ringing now you know why) - I said to Jim (ffemtreed) that I really wish you would have been more open to getting out and fishing a bit! Next time we head out I'll let you know...and I'm sure there are plenty of guys on here that wouldn't mind the company!

How goes the house/job search?

Thats so funny that you say that... as we were driving to Assateague Island Saturday night (if your ears were ringing now you know why) - I said to Jim (ffemtreed) that I really wish you would have been more open to getting out and fishing a bit! Next time we head out I'll let you know...and I'm sure there are plenty of guys on here that wouldn't mind the company!

I might be facing a divorce here a guys company is the last thing I need:3some: lol

I just started dropping resumes and looking for some rental.

As soon as I get my crap In order I can't wait to go fishing...:icon_pidu:

Grab two major newspapers, two locals and head to the beach.

Put a brick on the papers next to your chair.

Throw a couple lines out, attach a bell to the rod tip.

Sit down, browse the papers for a job and a roof over your head.

Bell rings, take a break from "studying" and catch a fish.

Bait up, toss in, put fish in cooler.

Sit down, continue "studying".

Ring-a-ding!!

Get up, walk to rod, etc, etc, etc.....

Good quiet time to "study" and semi-free food in the cooler for later.

If I head to the sand without a full truck, I'll let ya know.

Grab two major newspapers, two locals and head to the beach.

Put a brick on the papers next to your chair.

Throw a couple lines out, attach a bell to the rod tip.

Sit down, browse the papers for a job and a roof over your head.

Bell rings, take a break from "studying" and catch a fish.

Bait up, toss in, put fish in cooler.

Sit down, continue "studying".

Ring-a-ding!!

Get up, walk to rod, etc, etc, etc.....

Good quiet time to "study" and semi-free food in the cooler for later.

If I head to the sand without a full truck, I'll let ya know.

That my friend is the best advice I have heard in 5 days...

Thank you all so much for your advice, comments and jokes.

It helps out alot in this time of hell

Thats so funny that you say that... as we were driving to Assateague Island Saturday night (if your ears were ringing now you know why) - I said to Jim (ffemtreed) that I really wish you would have been more open to getting out and fishing a bit! Next time we head out I'll let you know...and I'm sure there are plenty of guys on here that wouldn't mind the company!

I saw your pics from that myspace looking web site. Your yellow lab looks like my yellow "pig" do you all take them to the beach a lot,

and if so do rangers give you any crap about them being off of a

rope.

Now that it's consistantly warm out we'll take the doggies along... I keep them on 20ft leads hooked to the back of the jeep. I don't trust them not to chase the ponies, kids, birds, or anything that moves basically.

I have seen the rangers stop people for having their dogs off of a leash but I think the only person I have heard about getting a fine was one of the Steves on here.. but someone else can probably you fill in better than I can on what happen with that. I have a few friend who run their dogs on the beach off leash all the time and have never been fined just verbally reminded of the rules.

I guess I have to get use to Maryland. rules again. In TX. I would go out on the beach all wknd w/out having the pig on a leed at all and have rangers come by every now and then to check my cooler and they didn't care at all about the dogs as long as they listen and don't bother people, heck 1 time a ranger stoped and checked my cooler and the pig jumped in his truck and he just laugh about it and ask my dog if he wanted a job.

That is the one thing I will miss about TX. Austin in general is that they are a dog off the leash loving state. In my old neighborhood alone we use to have 4-5 other neighborhood dogs come by all the time on thier own to play w/the pig..

p.s. what do you mean its warmer now for the dogs, my labs use to break throu ice to go swimming..hehe.just jiving you

Now that it's consistantly warm out we'll take the doggies along... I keep them on 20ft leads hooked to the back of the jeep. I don't trust them not to chase the ponies' date=' kids, birds, or anything that moves basically.

I have seen the rangers stop people for having their dogs off of a leash but I think the only person I have heard about getting a fine was one of the Steves on here.. but someone else can probably you fill in better than I can on what happen with that. I have a few friend who run their dogs on the beach off leash all the time and have never been fined just verbally reminded of the rules.[/quote']

btw is your place doing any hiring.

yeah... my lab is a wuss... my mastiff doesn't mind the cold weather.. and when it's too hot he digs a hole and goes under the jeep. My lab sits and shivers when it's cold or windy. I take blankets and wrap him up on a chair or put him in the jeep.. so we just stopped taking him when it's not warm. He's supposedly pure bred.. so we refer to him as pedigree challenged becuase he's skinny, thin coat, curled tail, long nose... honestly looks like he's crossed with something...

not sure if they are hiring or not..i'll check when I get back from lunch and pm you with any positions that are available.

Welcome back east Beer. I am always looking for people to go fishing, you are welcome to go anytime there is room on the boat for ya. Good luck on the job search.

Welcome back east Beer. I am always looking for people to go fishing, you are welcome to go anytime there is room on the boat for ya. Good luck on the job search.

Thanks for the welcome sounds like a plan.