5 posts in this topic

I will be heading out to Back Bay Preserve sunday morning to see whats swimmin in the surf .Going to put the new sand flea rake to the test and see whats playing in the breakers while I'm waiting on whats out over the bars ! Hope to see some of you out there. Tight Lines and Happy Fathers day !!

I may be out there, just gotta wait and see what the wife has planned for me!

Quiet Day on the Beach !! Hit Back Bay at a little before 6 AM Slipped my parking fee in the box and parked at the visitor center . Managed to get the jeep unloaded and the cart loaded up when the rain started coming down !! No big deal I sat in the jeep for @ 5 minutes and just as it started it stopped. Hit the beach and set up. Threw a Chunk of blue out deep on a 12' rod and a 1/2 mullet on the 10' . Set up a 6 footer and threw a three hook Pomp/ Mullet rig into the breaks with fresh caught Sand Fleas. The dolphin were swimming as close as 20 - 30 feet off the beach and a couple of times thought 1 was beaching itself ! 5 minutes and a Skate on the Pomp rig in the wash ! Within the first hour about 7 or 8 skates were taken and they were not picky they hit every rod. Had the beach to myself until about 12:30 people started showing up. Tide was going out when I got there and coming in when I left about 3 pm . The air was clear most of the day and the water as well. Nothing popping all day guess the dolphins were eating everything in sight ! Nothing but skates all day and then the Smoke came up the beach like a wall ! You could see it way down the beach and it just came and took over. I could not breath and no fish so I took off and ended the day. It was still a good day on the beach , relaxing and enjoying the Dolphins playing around.

Tnx for the report!

I didn't make it (duh!), but appreciate the intel. Was thinking about it, but I didn't get much the day before and the smoke and west wind made my decision easier!

Probably hit it again here soon!

Did you fish the 1st walkover or keep on going down??

Walked out the old road we came in off last time. Remembered how it felt at the end of the day pulling everything back up the sand so I stayed close. There was a cut in the sand that looked like it might hold some life and the fleas were abundant so I gave it a shot. No rays this time just my old pals the chesapeake bay flounders !!!