35 posts in this topic

:argue:I got my first ever cobia tonight in Ocean City on the pier using cut bunker that i got from John Henry Bait and Tackle. I was talking to some tourists when i heard my drag start screaming. i ran over picked up the rod to make sure the hook was set and right when i did the fish took off. It was 51 inches long and 50lbs. The pier shack didnt weigh it so i ran down to jollyrogers and the weight guessing guy guessed the weight just 3lbs off. Here are a few pics i got. I will upload pictures tomorrow

106_1458.JPG.39dbd1d06dff78a28e00cc37fe9

That's an awsome fish dude, can't wait to come out and finally get my line wet with you guys.

A brown bomber from OC Md.????? What an unusual catch this time of year!!! Great job!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

congrats, nice fish. that is a pretty rare catch for up in Maryland. I think I have heard of 4 in 3 years. we catch more sails and dolphin off the piers here on the obx than you catch cobia on the beach/pier. prized catch.

:dog:thanks.um....does anybody know any good cobia recipes? i wanna try it and cook some up for my family thats coming up today. i have heard its very good grilled but everyone has their own prefrences.

I WANNA REWEIGH MY COBIA WE DIDNT WEIGH IT ON A FISH SCALE AND RIGHT NOW WHERE WE WEIGHED IT IS 1AND3/4LBS OFF THE STATE RECORD.....

Take that fish over to Bev at Harbor Tackle on the corner of Sunset and Golf Course rd, right near the public launching ramps.....NOW:director:

Thats pretty awesome! :icon_salut:

I hope you decided to take it over and weigh it in!

Dude, AWESOME fish! congrats....

you have enough to do several different things. try a few but here is what I usually do. cut up in 1 inch squares, shake in a bag with house autry fry mix and let it sit in the bag for liike 20 minutes letting the mix get on more and deep fry. easy, quick, awesome. one of my favorite eating fish.

Very nice catch! I'm sure you were targeting something large because that is a tough land from the pier. You never know what you're gonna get into around here. Welcome aboard!

You know, the more I read about this fish, the more impressed I am with the angler. I mean, you had to really know what you were doing to land that fish. Good line, good knots, good hook, good gear all the way around. And to be able to get that beast up on the pier!

Excellent job!:icon_thumleft: