7 posts in this topic

The water is heating up nicely, should be "dippable" soon.

The larger toothy critters will be at the shore anytime, time to throw a line in.

As usual, please post the details of your excursion, fish or no fish.

hit AI tonight again, not a single hit, 8 hours of fishin and nothin to show for it. Let me tell you nice eve on the beach and no wind at all which made the mosquitoes horrible. water seemed very warm for this time of year. I would estimate temps to be around 65-68 degrees. I am off to a really slow start this year. I guess it is time to start hittin the beach 3-4 times a week again.

Fished the mouth of the Choptank (Sands) on thursday 6/12 in 18 to 20 ft water. Loads of Hardheads in the 12 to 18 inch range. We were really trying things out for live lining or in other words we were after Spot, anyway we did get a few Spot amid all the Hardheads so we then ran out to the gooses, there were some other boats there already. We saw one Rock caught but we only had two runs, no hookups. We then ran north about a mile staying on the east side of the channel and tryed again. a couple more runs and one hookup which was a nice Blue 18 inch. So live lining is beginning for 08, its a blast if you have not done it you need to give it a try! :happy7:

Choptank Pier -- June 13 2008

Fished the pier for a couple hours after work, Caught baby Spot (like 3") and some really small croaker mixed in. i did catch a couple crabs in my traps. 1 over 8" monster crab!

Assateague Island -- June 14 into the 15th 2008

Fished in the evening into the night, didn't get to stay as long as I wanted because it started lighting pretty good so we tucked tail and left.

Caught a couple king fish and that was about it. Used small cut up bunker for bait. Oh yeah, the first king of the night was caught on a Huge shark size chunk of bunker on an 8/0 gami circle bombed way out as far as I can cast.

Also had a cusk eel on the king fish rig! Yuk!

I took my wife and daughter out for a little fishing and fun on AI Saturday. Kings were out and the bite was hot during the outgoing. Also caught a flounder and had a Sandtiger on in the evening. It was nice to see Jim and Amanda again. Its shaping up to be another nice sharking summer! Lets hope the E wind kicks in for a while.

Fished Saturday as well. Took the family out and enjoyed the day. Sweet beach weather with the exception of a few flys here and there. Fish report...a couple kingfish, small sharks, and a buddy caught a nice size ray. Not bad all in all...at least i was there. :icon_syda:

hit the beach tue with sam. Nice eve on AI. managed two small sandbar sharks, the smallest around 24 the biggest being roughly 36 inches. also had about 5 to 6 skate. Sam managed two small sand tigers. Also Dave ( oc snapper) stopped by for a bit to b.s. ) good to see you both again and finally broke my skunk. well I wil be heading out again tuesday.