4 posts in this topic

JC, Tommy, Danny and I planned to head offshore out of Rudee on Saturday. We met at the ramp at four but because of the fog/smoke and based upon NOAAs recommendation we pushed our trip off till Sunday. Well after looking at the satellite shots and analyzing the reports that came in we made the decision to go to OI vice the Cigar. Got a bit of a late start due to a malfunctioning alarm clock, then the smoke was so thick and this being my first time out of OI this year my GPS track was off so after a small encounter with a shoal we FINALLY cleared the inlet well after seven. ran 28 nm to the 630 line in 30 fathoms. I was watching my bottom machine and saw the temp go from 71.6 to 73.8 then back to 72.4 started to mark bait and we put the lines out right there. Didn’t even get the spread out and a Wahoo airs out on the starboard long and cuts our hoo clean in half never even popping the release clip. Nice show but no meat. We get the spread completely out and it was on immediately... five on... get three, then a single, box that one then Tommy hooks up a nice 30 lb gaffer get him in and then four on in a pod of at least 2500 feeding two tones get two spread back out another nice gaffer comes screaming in on our starboard short lit up like a neon sign and hammers the daisy chain get that one in look at the clock, it’s 1055 and we got six nice YFTs and three quality gaffers. Head in, stop at the tower and mess with the the AJs for an hour or so. Catching AJs on topwater is a blast and a perfect ending to a great day. Down a Sam Adams on the ride in to celebrate!!!!

Thanks to Tommy, Danny and JC!!!!

Thanks to Kevin Bremmer (Succession Sportfishing) for the info on the bite!!!!

630 line, 430 fathoms, feeding two tones, lots of bait, 72 degree water (not particularly clear), all large medium and select Baitmasters hoos behind blue.

jcaj.jpg

wow!!!! Now thats what I call catching and not fishing. Good job!!!

NICE!!!! Man that get's my blood pumpin'

Pretty work, there.