5 posts in this topic

Showed up at Back Bay around 8am and got set up by the Visitor center for the surf fishing class I was teaching today with NS4D helping me out.

Once we had enough to start we made the journey down to the beach to an incoming tide with nice clear water. Wind was from the SW at first with some nagging black flies, but slowly turned to the NE by the end of the day.

It was HOT :blob8: out there today and the sand near the top of the beach was just scorchin.

Anyway at one point we had 18 people fishing and everyone was having a good time. I hope a few of the guys I met out there today make their way over to the board here in a day or so as they were really some great guys and fun to fish with.

Fishing was slow, but some nice sea mullet/roundhead were caught with one almost pushing 1 1/2 pounds I'm guessing. All of the sea mullet were nice sized, so some walked off the beach with a nice sandwitch for later.

A few Big rays landed later in the afternoon with the biggest going to Bulldawg (aka Matt) and I got the rays smaller brother as well.

VCAN gave away a few buckets with some goodies inside and we slapped some Atlantic Anglers bumper stickers on the side for good measure as well.

Here's a few pic's of people out there having fun today:

The give away buckets (had sinkers, stingsilver, pens, Thumbdinger and Atlantic Anglers cards, VCAN material, etc)

100_0871-1.jpg

NS4D helping out with anothers gear and giving shock line knot demos:

100_0872-1.jpg

100_0873-1.jpg

Matt helping out with some casting:

100_0874-1.jpg

Here's a Marine who just got back from Iraq a little while back who showed up with his son. His son ended up catching a sea mullet on a sand flea:

100_0878-1.jpg

100_0879-1.jpg

NS4D with Dinner for tonight:

100_0881-1.jpg

Another sea mullet catch:

100_0882-1.jpg

Bluefish:

100_0883-1.jpg

Big ray of the day:

100_0884-1.jpg

VCAN also did some beach clean up's in Hampton and Norfolk as well for Clean the Bay Day today. I'll post some of those pictures when I get em!

Great day today and enjoyed helping out! Thanks to everyone who participated or helped out today at Back Bay, or at one of the Clean the Bay Day sites in Hampton or Norfolk!:eusa_dance:

Sorry I couldnt make it dude, I mated on the boat named Driftwood for the wedding party yesterday.........

Hey, guys thanks for taking the time to teach me and my father in law a few things. we had a great time, yesterday. Going to Bass pro tonight to look at a rod with a longer Butt-end.

- Ed

Hey Guys, It was good to meet you out there yesterday at Back Bay . Got in some good fishing time and slow roasted in the process :angry4: !! After catching only a small Blue all morning that ray was a nice fight getting him over the bars and up the beach. Thanks to Steve and Al for the help ! Will definately pack a little lighter next time but did not know who would have what to work with so brought a little extra. Nice Clean park so I am looking forward to heading back out there. Might head out to CBBT monday night and stay out of the sun for a bit! See you on the beaches !

Hey, guys thanks for taking the time to teach me and my father in law a few things. we had a great time, yesterday. Going to Bass pro tonight to look at a rod with a longer Butt-end.

- Ed

Ed,

It was a pleasure and look forward to fishing with you again! If you need any input on what to buy or look for feel free to give me a shout. Most importantly, needs to feel good to you!

Glad you made it aboard here!

Bulldawg,

Glad you made it over as well and man that sand about did me in walking back up off the beach! Impressive job on that ray as he was trying to suck down pretty hard at the end!

See you back on the beach soon, feel free to give me a shout when your heading back down there!!!!