4 posts in this topic

My neighbor and I fished the broadkill river today from 10:00 til 1:00. We jigged up a dozen flounder between us, but none over 18". I did catch a 17" trout that must have been lost:happy8:, I was starting to think that we didn't have any trout in Delaware anymore. There were very few boats out today. It sure seems that fuel prices have put a big damper on boating.

It wasnt the gas prices it was the heat, I could have afforded the gas and the bait, but at 95 degrees I couldnt afford either enough beer or ice to keep it cold. Glad you caught fish, good job.

There was a light breeze from the east today that kept the temps down near the water at leat 10 to 15 degrees lower than inland. It was beautiful until the ride home when my truck AC unit decided to krap out.:angry4: I roasted on the way home.

Hopefully I will have my flywheel back from the machine shop and the engine back in the boat around wednesday. I am also trying one of the new small gear reduction starters on it. Found the wedding ring I lost 3 years ago in the bilge when I took the engine out so all wasnt bad news.