8 posts in this topic

I realize now that it's required to have a fishing license to fish tidal waters in DE. I'd like to begin fishing the DE Seashore State Park, but am not sure if there is a license required to fish from the surf on the park's beaches... can anyone help me out?

Ooooh, thats a good question, guess I should read up before I head to the beach at the beginning of july. I'd hate to get a nasty ticket for the lack of a $10 license

from the faq

If two people have a surf fishing permit/vehicle license for their vehicles, can the two

people go in one vehicle to fish without a special fishing permit? Also, if they take

friends along to surf fish, do the friends need a special permit? Only the operator of the

vehicle that is permitted may fish without a license on the beach. Any other anglers will need to

have a general $8.50 (resident) or $12.50 (tourist) or $20.00 (non-resident) license regardless

of whether or not they have another vehicle permit. The exemption in the code is only for the

vehicle operator who has the surf tag.

heres the exemption from the website

Residents and non-residents are exempt from fishing license requirements if they are the operator of a vehicle with a valid Delaware surf fishing vehicle permit as long as the vehicle is located on a designated Delaware State Park surf fishing area. Normal licensing provisions will apply to other occupants of that vehicle if they are fishing.

Children under the age of 16 and senior residents 65 and older are exempt from the new licensing provisions.

When I came across that it makes it sound like we're talking about fishing places like henlopen where you can drive on the beach. I'm talking about walking out from behind the house we've rented and setting up on the beach.....I'm not paying the fine for driving my truck out on that beach :)

When I came across that it makes it sound like we're talking about fishing places like henlopen where you can drive on the beach. I'm talking about walking out from behind the house we've rented and setting up on the beach.....I'm not paying the fine for driving my truck out on that beach :)

yes you need the tourist or non-resident license to fish anywhere in DE.

A fishing license is also needed to crab or clam in Delaware waters.

My email Response from DNR

From

Cole Richard (DNREC)

A general fishing license is required for fishing from the beach at any location in the state.