10 posts in this topic

It's the time of year when we see the changing of the species, get out there, get wet and get some critters!

Post your reports, fish or no fish, skeeters or no skeeters.

Go enjoy!

Well I just got done my 6th double and still got about 5 or 7 more to go be for I get a day off so I hope anyone going out has some luck. till I get out have fun all.

Man, this is bleak!

I know the storms have been massive but no one has ventured out?

Water temp check?

Just checked the temp at the 44009 noaa bouy and it is showing almost 68 degrees, last week this time was only 58. Should be some Bluefin showing up between the Jackspot and Hambone with this increase. Hopefully will have the boat back together on Wednesday and if I can find a couple of guys who want to drag some lures next weekend weather permitting would love to go find out.

Well we fished AI/MD fri night-sat morning, had a nice night no BIG fish but ended up with 6 kings and a 18" blue, fished about 2 miles south of the bullpen. Fog was so thick you barely see the rods at times! and NO BUGS!!!!

Hey All, I went fishing this weekend. Caught some kings, (a couple fatties!), a couple skates, and Sat night produced a nice ray. We did have a one nice hit on Sat. I took my buddy out for the 1st time. While the reel was screaming he thought he would tighten the drag to get “the fish to stop running”, as he put it. Snap! I think it’s a lesson he won’t forget. I got a nice hit early Sunday morning, set the hook, … it ran for about 10 seconds and then silence. When I pulled it in it still had bait and hook, so not sure what happened there. No skeeters or flies on Saturday or Sunady, I think it was the slight breeze from the East. Sunday was straight Hot.

I did have one disappointing item I thought I would mention. Sat morning around 4 am ish, I pulled onto a very hazy dark beach. I just happened to pull within 15 yards of an unattended bonfire. Not only did someone leave it burning, but I picked up 29 Natural Ice beer cans from around it and in the surf. After I put the fire out, I also picked 7 bottles out of the ash. What is wrong with people?:BangHead:

Sorry for the rant. Overall, it was a beautiful sunny weekend of camping and fishing. Then again, when is it ever bad? It was good to feel some pullage and catch some fish.

Hit Ai tonight and not much to report, had one take down but spit the hook right after I picked up the rod, kinda felt like a sandtiger. I also had a really bad blow up on my diawa sha reel. Sam was even impressed on how bad it was. I have a pic I will post later. Anyway got a good light show from all the storms in the area. I am gonna get out again soon, it looks as if the sharks will be arriving shortly.

seems like these smaller sandbars miss the hook alot too, this is the time of year for them as well.

Anyone yakking yet? I wonder what the water temps are.