10 posts in this topic

Hit NOB pier after work for an hour and had one small flounder on, then off as I tried to get him over the rail. A few other hits and saw some at the end keeping undersized flounder.

Needless to say I called VMRC and reported what I saw, hopefully they went out there like they said they were going to. Just a shame!:confused5:

Hit another spot real quick knowing a flounder would be home. Dropped my jig in by a wooden post and within 1/2 a second BAM; FISH ON!

Nothing to brag about, but 1 13" flounder tagged and released with no skunk on my back!!!!

Looks like rain coming tonight............see ya later in the week!

I fish at NOB all of the time and I also see people keeping small (like not even 10 inch) flounder. Last saturday there was a policeman there (well he looked like a policeman, didn't see the uniform up close) and he was checking out the fish people caught. Some people were also cutting up the small flounder and using them as bait. I'm pretty new to fishing, but that is not legal is it?

Nope, not legal 19" minimum, feel free to make the call to man on them!

What is the number to call?

VMRC 1-800-541-4646

Tell them where you are and what the people are doing!

NO ! Dont use the 800 number. all you can do is leave a message

call the dispatch and have them send an officer to catch them in the act. bust their azzez real good.....

247-2265 direct to the fish cops

well thats good then - maybe I get the recording because it would be in the evening down at the rail or very early when I call and get the recording ?

Either way the local number you will bet dispatch and they can tell you how far away an officer is from the area your fishing too, and if they are going to have someone swing by your location. You do not have to give them any of your info. Just keep right on fishing and when they show up they will check everyone and of course you are legal and no one even knows they were called - the poacher just thinks they showed up !

testing testing 1 2 3 - 0600 am .....called the 800 number

dispatcher Lewis answered the phone !

Well I will call later and tell him about some guys fishing on some Driftwood catching small fish!:icon_wink:

You working tomorrow???