6 posts in this topic

I don't even know where to start. Yesterday was Ciara's Bridal shower, so one of her bridesmaid's boyfriend and I decided we'd hit the Rappahannock. That was the best decision I think I've made in a while. We put in at the bridge in Remington and were on the water by 8am. We were fishing Ultralight, 4# test 1/16 jigheads and Berkly power grubs (pumpkin/chartreuse). 3rd cast I had a hand sized bluegill. One after another all day. The first part of the trip the water is shallow, so we fished the banks and pulled out fish after fish after fish. It was a mixed bag all day long of Smallmouth, Largemouth, Bluegill, Redeyes and Crappie. Oh and some nasty (but good fighting) shiner/chub/minnow of some sort. Bass up to about 12" and 2 nice 1lb crappie. We found one hole where every cast turned in a hand size or bigger bluegill. We sat on that hole for about 45 min and figure that hole alone we pulled out 50-60 fish. Oh, several nice largemouth were hiding under the log we jammed ourselves on to keep from drifting off the hole. All in all, we figure somewhere between 200-300 fish in 8 hours of fishing. No, they weren't huge, but with action like that, you just can't go wrong......Pictures are still on the camera, I'll get them pulled off and post a few....

Ok I pulled the pictures down......Look at the sky in the pics.....We would've fished longer except the clouds were a little intimidating. Fortunately the storms skirted around us all day :) I just wish I knew the future and could've predicted that.....I would've stayed on the water much longer. Now....on another note I saw more Snakes on the River yesterday than I have ever seen in my life. Can anyone tell me what thats about? It started with a 15" Northern Water Snake, then a 20" Copperhead, followed by about a 5-6 foot black snake...and needless to say several more Black snakes after that....Even caught up with two black snakes mating in the tree off the side of the river.....

5852a524371ed_Shannonincanoemay31.jpg.25

5852a5243d152_RiverviewMay31.jpg.ad5a4d2

5852a524435ac_forbodingsky1.jpg.9ee1d878

5852a524484f6_forbodingsky2.jpg.19d30d69

5852a5244d3a2_BigBlacksnakeMay31.jpg.d5b

5852a52453baa_PairofBlacksnakesmay31.jpg

Wow! Beautiful Pics and great report. Thanks Jeff!

Oh man! Now that's the kind of river I like!!

Nice fat Bluegill makes a sweet tasting meal.

Keep anything?

Yeah, you did right, not good to mess with T-Storms...

Saw a guy get zapped in a boat, not a pretty picture.

Glad ya'll had a blast!!!!

Looks like a nice relaxing trip!

Nice pic's!

seeing that snake and I would have been done there for the day.