7 posts in this topic

I fished the canal, the river and the inlet today for about 4 hours using jigs. The first three hours were slow with only two blues and a few bite-offs. Right about 5:00 (high tide) the flounder bite turned on. I caught 15 flounder between 5:00 and 6:00. As soon as the tide turned the bite shut down due to the tide running against the wind. I tried a few more spots but could not get a decent drift. I took home two keepers 20" and 22", my first Delaware keepers of the year. It sure stinks throwing back 18"-19" fish.

I am going drum fishing tonight out of Lewes and have room for one more on the boat. We are leaving around 5pm and returning sometime after midnight. 302-228-9316

I am going drum fishing tonight out of Lewes and have room for one more on the boat. We are leaving around 5pm and returning sometime after midnight. 302-228-9316

BG, I did not see this until today. Did you go out?

Actually didnt get to go, busted the starter on the boat, I think my flywheel is messed up, this is the second starter it broke in a week. Ended up going surf fishing on Assateague instead.

I hit the same areas this morning at sunup to catch the high tide. There were very few boats out this morning. The fishing stunk today. I had four bites total. I caught three very small throwback flounder, and missed the fourth hit. Nobody was doing anything today, probably due to yesterday's rains or the approaching new moon. Dumb luck was with me today though, and I snagged a 21" flounder in the side.