10 posts in this topic

:angry4::angry4::angry4::angry4::angry4::angry4::angry4:

Fishing the beach Saturday and Sunday nights and the trash was as bad as I have ever seen it. We were walking in the orv zone when a truck pulls up near us and unloads pretty much an entire tree out of the back of a pickup. I look over and am not sure but think they are starting the fire too close to the water. They light the entire mess all at once, flames at least 8' high. Sure enough they are too close to the water and the tide comes in and washes under the fire. They pick up and leave after a couple hours and this blaze is still going.

Ryan and I leave and head back out on Sunday and find that fire still smoking. Then Sunday night there was the same thing, this time right at the orv pipes at the end. Another big fire by another group of people who left burning wood and trash.

Over the course of two days you could have filled up the bed of a pickup with all the trash in the area between the orv exit sign and the end of the orv section.

Beer cans, food bags, a TENT, and of course burning wood.

People are giving the extremists a lot of ammo here.......I hope it wasn't that bad all the way down the island.

And just where are the Rangers when these jerks are leaving the beach a mess????

I guarantee half the mess was from the walkover party-goers that met the wood truck at the pipes.

How obviously simple can it be to start locking them up?

We have this holiday every year, it's not like this is the first time this has happened. They know this happens, why can't they have ppl available to enforce the law we pay them to.

I fished next to Phil on Sat night and that tree was HUGE!

The rangers where probably 500/1000 feet away from that spot the whole time we where there. They didn't do anything about it.

When we pulled onto the beach at 10:30pm the person next to us had a tent pitched and was sleeping, they didn't wake up until 9:00am the next morning.

Oh yeah they would rather waste time by pulling me over on my way in because of a stupid license plate light. I can understand pulling me over and saying hey bud your license plate light is out but no they have to run my registration and license and keep me there for 20 minutes all because of a license plate tag light.

Yea the ranger truck was right nearby. I should add that both of these yahoos were not fishermen. They just drove on and unloaded wood and set it ablaze. Different vehicles. And then left a pile of wood still burning.

Both these piles of burning wood were 4 to 5 feet high when they left.

And of course they left beer cans, plastic bags, half eaten watermelon, all kinds of junk.

Ahhh there you've hit on it Phil. If they WERE fisherman, you can bet they'd be fined

Ahhh there you've hit on it Phil. If they WERE fisherman, you can bet they'd be fined

I think you got that one right steve.. the people that had the tent pitched and slept all night were not fishing either. Albeit they had a little rod sitting in a sandspike, they were definitely not there to fish.

People were just very careless this past weekend in general. I had one little girl playing at the edge of the water that fell in and was so close she got into my line and another one walked into my sandspike and almost stepped on a hook!

It's definitely the time of year to head south of the bullpen.

Give it a year or 3 of this kinda all around :bs:, and we will all be yakin to our AI beach spots if we can fish em at all..

... ya post up about how much the rangers suck at doing their job. Then ya wonder why they mess with ya. Hmmm..??? :fart:

I once had a tent up all night, for the dogs. wind was up and down from 25 MPH, so we dug em a hole, and pitched the the puppy hut. We were up the whole time running 6 or so rods. Rangers drove by about 6 times throughout the the night and never said a word. I was honestly unclear about the tent rule, and was never interested in sleeping out there anyway.

after way more than 6 or 8 drive-bys, the next morning around 8am, he stops, gets out and approaches us. Of course the two pooches came out to greet him. Not on a leash. I was pretty embarrassed, and was ready to humbly accept a ticket.

He was cool enough to explain that while he could see that we weren't sleeping on the beach, others may think we are, and make a stink about it; and That is why there aren't tents allowed after dark. I apologized for the dogs being free, but he said that they were obviously under control without leash and he'd overlook it, this time.

I thought that this was very tolerant and understanding of the ranger. He definitely had grounds to reach in my pockets that day, and did not.

The holiday weekend, is so crowded with chowderheads, it must make it impossible to keep a thumb on all of them.

I look at it this way....A giant pile of logs stinks, and is an eyesore, no doubt about that. But that person payed for their OSV pass, and will probably use it 2 or 3 times TOPS during the year. We payed the same price and will use it MANY more times in a year. To alienate the dingdongs, would drive down the demand for the OSV pass and weaken the (eventual) access position, and drive the price up for the rest of us fisherpeople.

I'm in no way implying that it's OKAY to litter on the beach, or that the rangers should condone this type of behavior. Just trying to see the bigger picture. Or look at the situation in a different light.

It's a number's game. You could head out over the sand twice a year, break every rule in the book, and not get ticketed. If you go out 25 times a year, and slip up a handful of times, you stand a better chance of getting a ticket. The probability is just not in our favor.

maybe I'm full of :bs:, and just need to go fish!

-Chris

That sounds pretty inept. Did you ask if they were going to deal with it? Have you considered a note to the Superintendent? He seems like a straight-up guy who wants to do the right thing.

I fished next to Phil on Sat night and that tree was HUGE!

The rangers where probably 500/1000 feet away from that spot the whole time we where there. They didn't do anything about it.

When we pulled onto the beach at 10:30pm the person next to us had a tent pitched and was sleeping, they didn't wake up until 9:00am the next morning.

Oh yeah they would rather waste time by pulling me over on my way in because of a stupid license plate light. I can understand pulling me over and saying hey bud your license plate light is out but no they have to run my registration and license and keep me there for 20 minutes all because of a license plate tag light.

Makes you wonder you they really want to keep off the beach! Last summer i got stop for doing 2 miles over the speed limit at the turn table just before the air pumps, after the 25 - 30 mins. of :bs: he follows me the beach, i counted 7 trucks/ suvs with not a person insight most of them didnt even have no rods out. this was between 5:45 and 6:00 am. They must of changed the law about sleeping on the beach, because he didnt stop.:angry4: