5 posts in this topic

:help:I was wondering who if any used Gulp baits when fishing in the surf?:dontknow:

I personally haven't had much luck at all with them. The natural crab and shrimp on a double drop rig is how I've used them.

Let me know if you guys have any other suggestions on how to fish them.

I prefer fresh sand fleas or shrimp when they are available.

Thanks for the advice.

Don't know about down there, but up here I and several people I know use gulp swimming minnows on jigheads for flounder.

I've seen the Gulp Shrimp outproduce all other Gulp baits in the surf by far. However, I have seen it used more than any other Gulp bait in the surf as well.

The 4" swimming mullet is a killer for trout and flounder and has worked in the surf as well.

The Gulp crab has worked good as well and now they just came out with a 4" Gulp crab which is a nice looking bait, I will definately test out during Drum season.

I was surprised the sand flea gulp didin't work as well as I thought, but why use it when there are a million sand fleas all around to begin with!

Thanks for the info, guys. I was wondering the same thing lately.

I have had good luck with both the Gulp peeler crab and the Gulp 4" sand eels when I have used them. The Gulp bloodworms have not had a bite taken out of them during the month I have tried them. Maybe the spot will like them later this summer.